[Fixed] Random Noise On USB Mic

I sometimes (about once per hour) experience static noise on my microphone (a USB condenser mic). It appears totally random and I can't hear anything (I just get notified about it on Teamspeak).

The strange thing is, I'm experiencing the same thing on my landline phone while it's plugged into the charging base (as soon as I take it out, it sounds normal).

As I suspected some sort of power issue, I already plugged my PC into another outlet and removed all other devices from the phones outlet which didn't help.

I'm running a desktop with a Thermaltake PSU, an MSI Motherboard and the microphone is a Recording Tools MCU-02.

I'm really stuck on this and appreciate any help or suggestions 🙂

Edit:

I’ve just seen this post again. This issue has been resolved after switching my mainboard, PSU and case. In retrospect, I’m convinced this issue was related to me completely messing up the grounding on my PC (at that time, I was running a converted Powermac G5 case, the mainboard stand-offs were probably not connected to any grounding). Even though the mainboard should usually be grounded by the PSU, there may have been some major issues with my particular setup.

TL:DR: Don’t try to build your own case, buy a quality PSU if you want to work with audio gear.

Edited by DerKleineLeo
Finally updated this