Does anyone use shadow?

webguy

I have been seeing advertisements for the gaming streaming on the device named shadow.  Does anyone use that?  What do you think?

Just now, webguy said:

I have been seeing advertisements for the gaming streaming on the device named shadow.  Does anyone use that?  What do you think?

Like Nvidia shadow play? 

shadow is a streaming app that you pay a monthly fee of around $35 and you get access to a powerful gaming pc server with windows 10 on it that you play games on with little to no lag and you only need a decent internet connection to play on it.

7 minutes ago, webguy said:

shadow is a streaming app that you pay a monthly fee of around $35 and you get access to a powerful gaming pc server with windows 10 on it that you play games on with little to no lag and you only need a decent internet connection to play on it.

Ohh I know what you're talking about now. Linus did a video on it not that long ago 

9 minutes ago, webguy said:

"Little or no lag"

BS. Also, press F for all your personal data.

48 minutes ago, zconflictz7 said:

Like Nvidia shadow play? 

I think you meant NVIDIA Shield.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

On 3/10/2019 at 1:42 AM, webguy said:

i don't see why is this even a thing

think that after a year you throw away 420 usd which is a semi decent pc.

my current home setup:cpu:amd ryzen 2700 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo:gigabyte ab350-gaming 3 // ram:crosair vengance 8*4 // gpu:amd rx 5700 //

tower:antec p8 // psu:antec HCG 650w.

my current work setup: cpu:intel xeon x5675 // cpu cooler :generic 6 copper pipe // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram: 32GB ecc // gpu:amd r7 260x //                    

psu:antec 550w.

my current home server setup:cpu:intel xeon x5690 // cpu cooler :aigo 120mm aio // mobo: x58 lga 1366 chines motherboard // ram:crucial 8*2 // gpu:amd rx 580 //

tower:antec p110 silent // psu:antec HCG 850w.

• 5 months later...

I use Shadow, it's brilliant and I love it! Use it everyday. And to reply to aBattleBorn above, not everyone has $420 to throw away on a PC that would do 1/4 of the performance of the shadow PC. So in actual fact, it's 4 years for the worth if you do it that way. 

I also have a code for £10/$10 off your first month trial if you would like it :)