Asus VG279Q for gaming.

dlscientist

Hello, I have been looking for a 27 inch 1080p monitor with IPS and freesync. I found this monitor on newegg and I want to use it for gaming and for work. I usually sit about 2 to 3 feet away from the monitor. I honestly dont mind the low pixel density. But I need some opinions on this.

28 minutes ago, dlscientist said:

Hello, I have been looking for a 27 inch 1080p monitor with IPS and freesync. I found this monitor on newegg and I want to use it for gaming and for work. I usually sit about 2 to 3 feet away from the monitor. I honestly dont mind the low pixel density. But I need some opinions on this.

This may be no help to you, But I have the VG248Q, Which is just the 24 inch version, or a close relative, And its great. Colours, ect, Everything is good. I highly recommend the one I have, So that should give you an idea.

Is there any ghosting?

On 3/4/2019 at 3:46 PM, MrIceCremeLollipop said:

This may be no help to you, But I have the VG248Q, Which is just the 24 inch version, or a close relative, And its great. Colours, ect, Everything is good. I highly recommend the one I have, So that should give you an idea.

On 3/10/2019 at 12:48 AM, huilun02 said:

The VG279Q is one of the better TN panel displays... and is certified Nvidia Gsync compatible to work in its full Freesync range of 40Hz - 144Hz. Ghosting is more of a thing on slow response VA panels.

Actually this monitor is an IPS monitor and according to the Nvidia website it is not in the G-Sync Compatible list. You must be referring to the Asus VG278Q

Has anyone tested the Asus VG279Q for G-Sync Compatibility?