AnotherTechGuy

Have you tried windows disk manager?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Thumb drive, don't know what else a USB falls under.

The only options that I can do are open, explore, properties and help.

You should remove it as below:

1 Pull the out of your computer's USB port. Check the bottom end and sides of the drive to see if it has a write protection switch. Push the plastic switch into the "Unlock" position.

2 Insert the USB flash drive back into the USB port. Close the pop-up window that appears and navigate to the Start menu. Select "My Computer."

3 Locate the drive letter that corresponds to your USB flash drive in the "My Computer" window, such as "F:\" or "D:\." Double-click the drive letter. Attempt to use one of the files on the drive. Right-click one of the files if you still receive a write protection error and select "Properties."

4 Navigate to the "General" tab and remove the check mark from the box labeled "Read-Only." Click "Apply" and then attempt to use the file.

5 Return to the Start menu and click "Run." Type "Regedit" and press "Enter." Navigate to the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies."

6 Check if there is an entry at the right side of the window labeled "Write Protect". If the entry is not there Right-click inside the window and choose "New D Word." Type "Write Protect" and press "Enter."

7 Double-click the "Write Protect" entry. Check that the value listed in the text box is "0." If it is not, delete the value and replace it with "0."

8 Close the registry editor and attempt to use any of the files on the USB drive. Return to the "My Computer" window if you continue to receive a write protection error message.

9 Right-click the drive letter for the USB flash drive and choose "Format." Click the drop-down menu named "File System" and select "Fat32."

10 Click "Start" to format the USB flash drive and remove the write-protection feature.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Thumb drive, don't know what else a USB falls under.

USB is a connection type.  USB is short for Universal Serial Bus.  USB can be used for much more than just USB flash drives.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

1. Checked

2-3.There are no files on the USB

4.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ is as far as I can get, there is no device policies folder

Go to Computer, and right click on your USB drive and click on 'Properties'. Once there go to the 'Security' tab (top of window). Below 'Permissions for authenticated users' there is an 'Advanced' button. Click on it. On the 'Owners' tab, there should be an 'Edit' button. Now, select your username in the bottom box, and make sure the checkbox at the bottom is checked. Click on okay, then once it has changed ownership, click on Ok on all 'Properties' windows. You should now have full control of your USB memory stick.

opps OT

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

There's no security tab

I have:

General, tools, hardware, sharing, readyboost and customise. 

Go into any Windows Explorer window (e.g. documents), then press the Alt key on your keyboard, then go up to Tools -> Folder Options.

Go into the View tab, then scroll down to the bottom and untick "Use Sharing Wizard (Recommended)". This should give you the security tab.