Help me end my 34 inch ultrawide monitor search?

Spev

As a programmer and light gamer now days, I'm looking to upgrade my current monitor setup with more of an emphasis on productivity rather than gaming. I'm really interested in an ultrawide monitor, but considering a 32 inch 16:9 main display landscape with a 2nd portrait monitor.

Dilemma: I've been researching monitors for a couple weeks now and really struggling coming to any concrete decision. All of the 34 inch curved ultrawides seemed to be plagued with backlight bleed (I haven't seen any exceptions), this seems to be ALL curved models. There are some flat models (which seems to be less effected by backlight bleed) but most are at 2560x1080 resolution, which some claim is okay for productivity and others claim is God awful and only suitable for gaming. Cost is also a factor, and I'm struggling to shell out $550ish dollars for monitors clearly plagued with reliability problems and backlight bleed. (Lastly, there are about 300 LG models of ultrawides on the market. Their website 'compare' feature yields blank results on almost every model, making comparing these a nightmare.)

Below are the models I've been looking at the hardest but I'm still not sold on any of them. If you have any thoughts or concerns, or OTHER suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!

Models I've been looking at:

LG 34UM69G-B:

https://www.amazon.com/LG-34UM69G-B-34-Inch-UltraWide-Reduction/dp/B06XFXX5JH/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1550735096&sr=8-3&keywords=LG+34UM69G-B%3A

Positives: 

• Mostly good reviews
  • $300 nice price tag
  • Probably okay for gaming even though not very high refresh rate

Negatives:

• 2560x1080 resolution, might be bad for productivity purposes

Dell UltraSharp U3415W 

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-34-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00PXYRMPE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1550735049&sr=8-1&keywords=Dell+UltraSharp+U3415W 

Positives:

• Great looking screen (seen it in person once)
  • Slight curve
  • 3 year warranty
  • 3440 x 1440 resolution

Negatives:

• Consensus is this model is plagued with backlight bleed really bad. Most reviews mention it
  • Pricey $550

LG 34UC80-B

https://www.amazon.com/LG-34UC80-B-34-Inch-21-UltraWide/dp/B074JKT894/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1550735072&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=LG+34UC80-B&psc=1

Positives:

• Mostly positive reviews
  • Curved
  • According to reviewer, uses same panel as Dell model above
  • 3440 x 1440 resolution

Negatives:

• Could be plagued with same backlight issues as Dell if same panel
  • Pricey $550

Samsung LS34J550WQNXZA

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-S34J55W-34-Inch-Ultrawide-LS34J550WQNXZA/dp/B07FBS36W2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1550735110&sr=8-1&keywords=Samsung LS34J550WQNXZA

Positives:

• Slightly cheaper than other WQHD monitors ($450)
  • 3440 x 1440 resolution
  • Looks sleek

Negatives: 

• Low amounts of reviews (a couple even looked planted, same review on Samsung site)
  • Flat panel (at 34 inch wide might need at least a slight curve?)

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Well...I can personally say the 34um69g is amazing. I haven't experienced any problems with it. Not to mention it has fancy stuff like black equaliser, crosshair and so on...I find those really useful particularly for BFV. It also has Freesync. The 75hz doesn't bother me at all, I find it very smooth (Even if I don't have the parts to do 75hz in the top games anymore)

LG's IPS monitors are outstanding. For a budget ultrawide, it's very very impressive. I'd get one of the LG ones if I were you. A lot of people say a 34' 2560 x 1080 is bad, but I totally disagree. I'm not seeing any pixels like they mention. It's perfectly fine for all purposes.

1 minute ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Well...I can personally say the 34um69g is amazing. I haven't experienced any problems with it. Not to mention it has fancy stuff like black equaliser, crosshair and so on...I find those really useful particularly for BFV. It also has Freesync. The 75hz doesn't bother me at all, I find it very smooth (Even if I don't have the parts to do 75hz in the top games anymore)

LG's IPS monitors are outstanding. For a budget ultrawide, it's very very impressive. I'd get one of the LG ones if I were you.

How is it when just doing stuff on your computer? (Non gaming related) Some people say the text is really grainy for a monitor at that size with a lower resolution. I'd love to just pay $300 bucks for a new monitor, but a little worried about that resolution.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Just now, Spev said:

How is it when just doing stuff on your computer? (Non gaming related) Some people say the text is really grainy for a monitor at that size with a lower resolution. I'd love to just pay $300 bucks for a new monitor, but a little worried about that resolution.

It's not that grainy to me. Let's just say you don't hurt your eyes or anything like that. I browse and game for hours (Like 8-10 hours a day) and I don't experience any fatigue.

LG 34UM69G-B:

Amazing IPS panel. It's not grainy if you are working from more than 40cm. For productivity I would not choose curved monitor (In graphic design they change proportion of straight lines).