no ip on ps4 but everything else works

lifestinks37

so my network consists of the modem from my ISP, a netgear prosafe fsv318n and a dlink dgs 3024 managed switch. all my devices except for my ps4 can get an ip when connected through my switch and the ps4 will get an ip no problem when i plug it into the prosafe router, any idea on why this may be? i do not have an issue with leaving it in the router but rather have it in the switch to keep the rack looking neat and organised

Hi there!

It sounds like there is a problem with DHCP not passing through your switch specifically for your PS4, which is odd.

Off the top of my head I would suggest checking what Duplex your Switchports are set to, and what port speed is set. To me it sounds like your PS4 may have a network card speed that doesn't match the speed set by the switch, which wouldn't normally be a problem, but this isn't normal.

Another possibility would be to set a Static IP address on your PS4 (which may not be possible, Im not sure as I don't own one), and maybe bypass the need for DHCP.

Hope this helps and let me know your progress.

i tried setting a static ip on it and the ports at set to auto and from what i can tell they are at the correct speed ie 1gig, the switch sees it as connected but traffic wise it is as if its not pluged into anything