Mouse polling rate causing huge lag

DiazTM
Go to solution Solved by DiazTM,
7 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Those shouldn't cause problems. Have you tried looking for an update in iCUE?

I'd also give factory resetting the mouse a try. You'll have to ask Corsair support on how to do that but, on my Razer DeathAdder elite you have to disconnect the mouse then hold down the left, right and the middle mouse button for a couple seconds until it starts flashing.

Even after reseting my mouse at 1000hz lag happens but now after the reset im getting no noticeable lag while at 500hz
This is what i get when checking my mouse hz on https://zowie.benq.com/en/support/mouse-rate-checker.html  this is me CONSTANTLY moving my mouse, those 0 hz is when the website froze up completely which i believe to be due to polling rate , this doesnt happen at 500hz image.png.b4cf12b1aad0a28db89b1b8d3de6be9d.png

I have a Corsair scimat pro rgb and when the polling rate is set to 1000hz i have huge lag spikes , eg on osu! i would go from the capped fps limit of 240fps down to as low as 10 fps if i moved my mouse, tho if i change the polling rate to 125hz everything works fine.
Its the same with every game ive played.
Ive tried rolling back mouse and nvidia drivers but nothing has helped, the only way i managed to fix it was to uninstall my mouse drivers from device manager and replug my mouse but after reboot the problem came back again.

Seems like your CPU can't keep up. What CPU do you have also, have you tried 500Hz?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

8 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Seems like your CPU can't keep up. What CPU do you have also, have you tried 500Hz?

Ill just post my full specs

Motherboard : MSI B350 GAMING PLUS

RAM : Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz 8Gb x 2

CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU : MSI GTX 1070Ti

Ive only gotten this problem recently and ive had the mouse for about a year. Im forced to play with 125 hz polling rate so there is little to no impact on the performance.

4 minutes ago, DiazTM said:

Ive only gotten this problem recently and ive had the mouse for about a year. Im forced to play with 125 hz polling rate so there is little to no impact on the performance.

You shouldn't have problems with a setup like that. Did anything change that could have caused this?

9 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

You shouldn't have problems with a setup like that. Did anything change that could have caused this?

Nothing that im aware of. I had my cpu and ram oc i just set them back to stock settings but still the problem occurs... The only things that have changed before this problem started are that I got gigabit internet and I got a new tablet pen.

1 minute ago, DiazTM said:

Nothing that im aware of. I had my cpu and ram oc i just set them back to stock settings but still the problem occurs... The only things that have changed before this problem started are that I got gigabit internet and I got a new tablet pen.

I'd also give factory resetting the mouse a try. You'll have to ask Corsair support on how to do that but, on my Razer DeathAdder elite you have to disconnect the mouse then hold down the left, right and the middle mouse button for a couple seconds until it starts flashing.

7 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Even after reseting my mouse at 1000hz lag happens but now after the reset im getting no noticeable lag while at 500hz
This is what i get when checking my mouse hz on https://zowie.benq.com/en/support/mouse-rate-checker.html  this is me CONSTANTLY moving my mouse, those 0 hz is when the website froze up completely which i believe to be due to polling rate , this doesnt happen at 500hz image.png.b4cf12b1aad0a28db89b1b8d3de6be9d.png

Was that on 1000Hz? What results do you get on 500?

Since resetting it to default worked maybe it's either a problem with iCUE or the mouse itself.

I'd try a different USB port as well just in case but, your best bet might be to either try different versions of iCUE or, ask Corsair for the Firmware then reflash that.

Also, if 500Hz is working well then, I wouldn't worry about it. Your monitor most likely doesn't respond that quickly even if it's rated at 1ms.

4 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Was that on 1000Hz? What results do you get on 500?

Since resetting it to default worked maybe it's either a problem with iCUE or the mouse itself.

I'd try a different USB port as well just in case but, your best bet might be to either try different versions of iCUE or, ask Corsair for the Firmware then reflash that.

Also, if 500Hz is working well then, I wouldn't worry about it. Your monitor most likely doesn't respond that quickly even if it's rated at 1ms.

unknown.png.19011dfae31182e40dcde6373b9923fd.pngThis is at 500hz and i notice no stutters or anything . Im currently trying to contact corsair to see if they can help me. There is an option to force update the firmware of the mouse but that doesint help , at this stage ive made sure that everything is uptodate.

Could it be the faulty mouse? Do you have another PC to test?

17 minutes ago, Lukyp said:

Could it be the faulty mouse? Do you have another PC to test?

Tested it on an old laptop and everything is completely fine , so its my pc and not my mouse

• 5 months later...
On 2/9/2019 at 1:24 PM, DiazTM said:

I created an account on here just to respond to this... Have you gotten it figured out? I have a gigabyte motherboard with a Ryzen 5 2600 and experience the same exact issue.

I am currently in contact with gigabyte and have the most recent BIOS (flashed it myself)

From what I've studied and read it appears other people have this issue and it's most likely an issue caused ever since Microsoft added the gaming mode to windows... apparently not much we can do about it... Either that or it's an issue with the CPU.

• 3 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 5:42 AM, KapnKlaus said:

I created an account on here just to respond to this... Have you gotten it figured out? I have a gigabyte motherboard with a Ryzen 5 2600 and experience the same exact issue.

I am currently in contact with gigabyte and have the most recent BIOS (flashed it myself)

From what I've studied and read it appears other people have this issue and it's most likely an issue caused ever since Microsoft added the gaming mode to windows... apparently not much we can do about it... Either that or it's an issue with the CPU.

I also just made an account to talk about this because with my set up I really shouldnt be encountering this problem.

Has anyone found a fix? 

It happens with nearly all the games I play but rainbow six siege, csgo and black ops 2 are the worst affected going from 200-400 fps to sometimes completely freezing for some thing like 100-200ms even on the menu with 10-30 fps. I've tried my mouse with my old pc (i5 6500, gt 730, 8gb ram) and there were no problems at all with 1000hz, no fps drops no freezes. So it is definitely a problem with my current setup. I guess forn now I'll play at 125hz until I get a new motherboard with new ram because those parts of my pc right now are pretty fucked. The motherboard is kind of underpowered and I want to future proof for when I upgrade, and the ram for some reason can only run at 2400Mhz instead of 3000Mhz.

CPU : Ryzen 7 2700x @ 4.0Ghz

With stock cooler

GPU : eVGA GeForce GTX1070Ti SC Black

+250Mhz core

+500Mhz memory

Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450-PLUS Gaming

RAM : GeIL 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 SUPER LUCE RGB SYNC C16 3000Mhz

At 2400Mhz

Storage 1 : Samsung 970 Evo 250GB M.2 NVMe SSD

Storage 2 : Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 3.5" 2TB

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 650W Fully Modular 80PLUS Gold

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

ICue is honestly a piece of crap in this regard. You basically got 2 options use as slow a Polling rate as you can love with and hope the spikes are not too bad or turn cue off every time you'd want to play. I do the latter. Very annoying and Corsairs only official help was an older version of cue but I still have the same issues.

I'm running a Ryzen 7 2700 

16gig vengeance RGB,

Corsair harpoon, k70 lux MK2 and void RGB.

I store my keyboard profile on the keyboard itself so I can have my lighting on that, bit I have to use defaults on the other stuff while I'm playing.

Hope this helped.

Quick update.

Ryzen master seems to have something to do with it. I uninstalled it as per Corsairs support recommended and it worked.

2 minutes ago, Kiralyka said:

Quick update.

Ryzen master seems to have something to do with it. I uninstalled it as per Corsairs support recommended and it worked.

Have you use Ryzen master to OC anything? Maybe the overclock wasn't completely stable or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! I have the same problem with csgo. When I move my mouse to aim or smth like that then fps drops and i get lag spikes and stuff. I have Logitech G402 and my specs should be fine. They are quite humble - I5 4th gen and GTX 1050. If I set the polling rate to 250 or smth then its fine and dont have problems but id like to play at 500. Does somebody have solutions? 

I know my English isn't good but still i'm lookin for anwsers.

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2019 at 11:55 AM, DiazTM said:

I have a Corsair scimat pro rgb and when the polling rate is set to 1000hz i have huge lag spikes , eg on osu! i would go from the capped fps limit of 240fps down to as low as 10 fps if i moved my mouse, tho if i change the polling rate to 125hz everything works fine.
Ive tried rolling back mouse and nvidia drivers but nothing has helped, the only way i managed to fix it was to uninstall my mouse drivers from device manager and replug my mouse but after reboot the problem came back again.

I'm using a Logitech G203 and I'm getting the same problem. Not a corsair thing.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 4:55 AM, DiazTM said:

I thought i was going crazy but this week i have experienced the same thing. I have i7 8700 k and a 1080 ti. So having a ryzen is not the issue.

Fortunately for me this problem only occurs when i play escape from tarcov and only when moving the mouse there is huge fps drops to 12 -20 fps when using 1000 polling. If i use 125 polling the game runs perfect.

I own a top razer, corsair, logitech, coolermaster, glorious, steelseries and other mice to run this test. They all replicate the same issue so its definitely not the mouse being faulty. I also tested all the same mice on another system and works perfectly on 1000 polling running the same game.

These issues above do not appear to affect other fps like cod, rbs and csgo on my affected system. Anyone find a solution?

• 1 month later...

So after doing extensive research i think i have found the issue, after running every game as administrator and changing my polling rate constantly i looked at the back of my computer and notice there were a symbol for keyboard and mouse near some USB ports toward the top of the case on the back, so i used them and sure enough it seemed to fix every issue i had. Hope this helps someone.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem.. im using a razer mamba elite. my pc specs are core i7, nvidia 960, 16ram.

Seems like it does has somthing to do with the pc.

• 9 months later...

I have the sme problem but this due to my tinkering of processor priority

From my understanding it seems that my game i set on a higher priority is interrupting with the polling rate for the mouse.

I reduced the priority of the game back to normal and it started working so id assume that the problem you're having is something is either hogging your cpu performance or something is limiting it.

You can try  reducing the priority of your game to normal or below normal (Works better than normal tbh) and see if it helps

• 1 year later...

Yoo I was having this same issue and my fix as of right now was..... drum roll... I set my app for my mouse's polling rate to 1000 and made sure that the usb overclocking app that most people use outside of device applications was at 1000 as well. Something told me that the system USB and device application might now be sync'd for whatever reason and as of 1 hour of building in a creative map on Fortnite. I've had near flawless gameplay. PC specs are: i9 9900k, 3080 ti and 32 gb of ram. I will be testing it out again tomorrow. I will update. Fingers crossed