Water Cooling for Ryzen 2600x

Go to solution Solved by Quadriplegic,

So you bought a case with mediocre airflow and you are not happy with ~60C load temperature? That kind of temperature is 140% normal. AIO would end up being a waste of money

Hi everyone, I want to buy liquid cooler, an AIO one, but there are so many options and as I'm new to this I've been intimidated with that.

Then there's the factor that this is conditioned by the setup, I'll list it below, so I would appreciate if anyone can help me choosing one.

Budget: 100USD 

Setup:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
  • MoBo:  Asus B450-F Strix
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 2x16Gb 3000Mhz
  • Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 256Gb SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB
  • GPU: PNY GeForce 1070 xlr8 oc
  • PSU: Corsair CX550M (550W)
  • Case: Corsair Spec Alpha

I have installed only the 3 stock fans (2 Pull front, 1 Push back) that were included in the case and the stock one for the CPU, I'm getting temps between 35°c and 65°C, I've read that the stock fans for Ryzen are good enough but I'm not convinced.

The case is a factor because it doesn't seem to have much room for radiators. As I said I've just began in this, so I need help.

Thank you in advance, people.

65 is still very acceptable temps. Is that the temps when gaming or under full synthetic stress? 

18 minutes ago, Mehmy said:

65 is still very acceptable temps. Is that the temps when gaming or under full synthetic stress? 

30°c in idle and around 60°c when gaming, I've never ran a synthetic stress test.

So you bought a case with mediocre airflow and you are not happy with ~60C load temperature? That kind of temperature is 140% normal. AIO would end up being a waste of money

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

1 hour ago, Raven019 said:

30°c in idle and around 60°c when gaming, I've never ran a synthetic stress test.

Entirely normal in your case. An AiO wouldn't really help much unless you get a really big one, and even then it'd just be through brute force. 

1 hour ago, Quadriplegic said:

Basically, but even then I wanted to lower the temps, so AIO cooling no recommended, what about getting more fans on the mediocre airflow case?

1 hour ago, Raven019 said:

Basically, but even then I wanted to lower the temps, so AIO cooling no recommended, what about getting more fans on the mediocre airflow case?

Frankly, I am not sure if more fans is solution in this case. What you would need is fans that can move more air than stock fans

Sure, you could try to set up 3x fans on the top as intake and 2 fans in the front as exhaust

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

24 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

Frankly, I am not sure if more fans is solution in this case. What you would need is fans that can move more air than stock fans

Sure, you could try to set up 3x fans on the top as intake and 2 fans in the front as exhaust

I assume your suggestion is to change my case for a better one, right?