What would you choose and why? (besides rgb)

hunterbrady
1 minute ago, ChewToy! said:

You can get a Vega 64 for cheaper than either of those, so neither.

Can't believe I spaced that, thank you! But would you go with more of an ASRock build or Asus?

5 minutes ago, hunterbrady said:

Can't believe I spaced that, thank you! But would you go with more of an ASRock build or Asus?

Asus because that GPU is better, but I rather have the Taichi motherboard.

Also, you can get a liquid vega 64 for $499 so there's no reason to get the vega 56 strix for $489. Blower style Vega 64 for $399.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

4 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

Asus because that GPU is better, but I rather have the Taichi motherboard.

Also, you can get a liquid vega 64 for $499 so there's no reason to get the vega 56 strix for $489. Blower style Vega 64 for $399.

Is blower style good enough do you think? Will it get too hot? That's also why I was looking at the 3 Fan Asus over the blower..

2 minutes ago, hunterbrady said:

Is blower style good enough do you think? Will it get too hot? That's also why I was looking at the 3 Fan Asus over the blower..

Why are you set on Vega 56? The liquid 64 is superior to all of them and is binned better and offers the best performance and is only 10 bucks more than the Asus.

But to answer your question, I personally wouldn't choose blower style unless it was the only option within my Budget. I would sacrifice the motherboard like you did (from taichi to strix) and get an AIB card (Strix). The strix isn't the best Vega 56 either, though. The Red Devil or Nitro+ is better.

The blower style should be fine if you have a good airflow case, if not then it might overheat and thermal throttle.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

1 minute ago, ChewToy! said:

Why are you set on Vega 56? The liquid 64 is superior to all of them and is binned better and offers the best performance and is only 10 bucks more than the Asus.

But to answer your question, I personally wouldn't choose blower style unless it was the only option within my Budget. I would sacrifice the motherboard like you did (from taichi to strix) and get an AIB card (Strix). The strix isn't the best Vega 56 either, though. The Red Devil or Nitro+ is better.

The blower style should be fine if you have a good airflow case, if not then it might overheat and thermal throttle.

I should let you know this is my first build. But for the liquid cooled Vega 64 do I need other things to go with it?

3 minutes ago, hunterbrady said:

I should let you know this is my first build. But for the liquid cooled Vega 64 do I need other things to go with it?

Nope, you just need to mount the radiator/fan combo as I have done (you can mount it the top or front as well):

20190107_152609.thumb.jpg.0b0dedeb5765d60be083a8b3bf6608b7.jpg

11 minutes ago, ChewToy! said:

Nope, you just need to mount the radiator/fan combo as I have done (you can mount it the top or front as well):

20190107_152609.thumb.jpg.0b0dedeb5765d60be083a8b3bf6608b7.jpg

is that the XFX

1 minute ago, hunterbrady said:

is that the XFX

Powercolor. Sale ends in 2 days:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131726&Description=vega&cm_re=vega-_-14-131-726-_-Product

The LC Vega 64 has it's own class on userbenchmark.com because of it's better performance. I got mine to 143% on usebenchmark.

Edited by ChewToy!