Migrating OS from one M.2 SSD to a larger M.2 SSD

AbysmalCraig

I am looking for some help with regards to migrating my OS and files from one M.2 SSD to another 

I currently have a 120GB Sata  M.2  and im planning to upgrade to 520GB NVMe drive but i currently only have 1 slot on my motherboard and I cant figure where to start with this and its starting to fry my head a bit 

Any input is greatly appricated in advance 

Also is there much difference between NVMe and Sata ? I know NVMe is faster but is it really worth it? 

Ryzen 5 1500X @3.8GHz | WD 8GB DDR4 2400 | WD GREEN 120GB M.2 | ASUS STRIX ROG B350 | COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE 5 | COOLERMASTER 240mm RAD

2 minutes ago, AbysmalCraig said:

I am looking for some help with regards to migrating my OS and files from one M.2 SSD to another 

I currently have a 120GB Sata  M.2  and im planning to upgrade to 520GB NVMe drive but i currently only have 1 slot on my motherboard and I cant figure where to start with this and its starting to fry my head a bit 

Any input is greatly appricated in advance 

Also is there much difference between NVMe and Sata ? I know NVMe is faster but is it really worth it? 

Use Norton GHOST to clone m.2 stick to a spare drive.

The clone spare drive to new nmve stick.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I've just had a quick look and using Norton is definitely not a choice I want to use for various reasons. Excluding this it appears yoy can no longer buy or download the software anywhere 

Ryzen 5 1500X @3.8GHz | WD 8GB DDR4 2400 | WD GREEN 120GB M.2 | ASUS STRIX ROG B350 | COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE 5 | COOLERMASTER 240mm RAD

2 minutes ago, AbysmalCraig said:

I've just had a quick look and using Norton is definitely not a choice I want to use for various reasons. Excluding this it appears yoy can no longer buy or download the software anywhere 

Only one I have full experience with, sorry.

Try clonezilla 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.