Aura Sync Help

jacobramius

Hi.I've viewed a lot of posts here for a while, but have never posted.I'm really confused about Aura Sync.My motherboard has a single RGB header. I have a Gamemax Falcon case with four of their RGB fans which are plugged into the cases stock controller which allows RGB control and two speed options. I'd like to get a new RGB cooler which is compatable with aura sync, two compatable RGB strips and if possible for the four fans. Although I don't think they are compatable.

I don't understand how they all connect. Is the CPU cooler controlled by the cpu fan header? Do I need somekind of hub or splitter to connect all seven devices? My board is a Asus Prime B450-PLUS if that makes a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm very confused.

You need to see how each device connects via their rgb. My AIO cooler plugs into a USB 2.0 header and fan header. You might just need splitters, they have them on Amazon. My light strips are daisy chained together so that I only need one RGB addressable header. 

Maybe list all the devices you're trying to buy and we can take a look and see what they require.

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

3 hours ago, ChewToy! said:

You need to see how each device connects via their rgb. My AIO cooler plugs into a USB 2.0 header and fan header. You might just need splitters, they have them on Amazon. My light strips are daisy chained together so that I only need one RGB addressable header. 

Maybe list all the devices you're trying to buy and we can take a look and see what they require.

Thanks for your reply. This is really giving me a headache.

I'm thinking this cooler.

Would be interested in opinions on how decent that is as well.

Buying this hub.

Perhaps these strips.

These are the fans I have.

If they're not compatible, no biggie. I will replace them further down the line.

This is confusing me way more than it should. Really appreciate any help.

Edited by jacobramius
Made them link

Looks like the TT hub is 5v only when my board is 12v.

This hub seems compatible with my board, but not the strips. So I guess I'd need a splitter to go from the board and split to the strips and the hub.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:05 AM, jacobramius said:

-SNIP-

That board has a 4 pin analog RGB header so the sync version of the Thermaltake fans can directly be connected it to including the LED strips. However those Gamemax fans will not work as they use proprietary connectors. 

One thing to note is the RGB header is only rated for a certain amount of amperage that cannot be exceeded, so you will need to calculate the power draw of all the components. If it exceeds it you will need a power RGB splitters such as the silverstone one or this from XSPC. Note the Silverstone one uses different connectors. 

http://www.xs-pc.com/fans-radiator-accessories/8-way-4pin-12v-rgb-splitter-hub-sata-powered-black

Many thanks. i think I've got it figured out now. Thanks guys.