HYPER M.2 X16 CARD and raid 0 on x299

Optimize

Hello as the topic states im trying to get my hyper m.2 x16 work with me and allow me to make a raid 0 array, but the bios wont even find the drives, windows find them just fine done alot of googeling but no luck all threads end dead 
Anyone here have anything to add that might help me do this ? 

I want it as a raid 0 array bottable, i know Linus did a video a while back so it is possible ?

Thanks for any replys 

Best Regards
Optimize

Might add the 4 drives are WD 500 black 3500 read 2500 write, dont know if it matters

Im doing it for the storage space, been running raid 0 for non NVME drives for years but im new to NVME drives but they are driving me insane since windows sees them and the bios sees them as a boot device but they dont show up in the intel raid manager under  the bios... its like they dont want us to do it and i know Linus and the guys thad some serious issues getting it to work

Just now, Optimize said:

Im doing it for the storage space, been running raid 0 for non NVME drives for years but im new to NVME drives but they are driving me insane since windows sees them and the bios sees them as a boot device but they dont show up in the intel raid manager under  the bios... its like they dont want us to do it and i know Linus and the guys thad some serious issues getting it to work

its also not worth it as it can be buggy, slower, and just not work . Just keep them separate or put them into a storage pool. 

Let me worry about the problems that comes after i manage to get them into raid 0 ? 

But thanks for the warning

I just want to know how linus managed to do it ? 

Lol i still havent figured it out damn this is a struggle.... ?

You are adding more hardware, which implies more troubleshooting / support. I would contact ASUS directly, the link is under "Do you need more help?":

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

With 4 900P drives in VROC 0 this is what you get for performance.

IcG9r9G.jpg

This is an Asus x299 Apex and the Hyper M.2 16X.

While the sequential speed is no doubt insane its actually the 4KQ1T1 that really stands out. Usually when you have anything in RAID 0 the 4K speed goes directly to hell but not here. VROC works very well with Optane.

Obviously the price is too much to consider but this is what performance is technically possible.

EDIT:

Yes this is bootable.

18 hours ago, Optimize said:

Oh god no but thank tho 

? Ok!

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

15 hours ago, nosirrahx said:

With 4 900P drives in VROC 0 this is what you get for performance.

IcG9r9G.jpg

This is an Asus x299 Apex and the Hyper M.2 16X.

While the sequential speed is no doubt insane its actually the 4KQ1T1 that really stands out. Usually when you have anything in RAID 0 the 4K speed goes directly to hell but not here. VROC works very well with Optane.

Obviously the price is too much to consider but this is what performance is technically possible.

EDIT:

Yes this is bootable.

WAO! That's insane...

4 hours ago, seagate_surfer said:

WAO! That's insane...

As crazy as this is, here is a guy that did the same thing with 8 900P drives.

It requires 2 Hyper 16x cards obviously but you also lose the ability to boot:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97190-VROC-Bootable-Raid-with-Intel-900p-when-will-this-be-supported-in-the-BIOS/page8#post686272

On 1/18/2019 at 2:54 PM, nosirrahx said:

As crazy as this is, here is a guy that did the same thing with 8 900P drives.

It requires 2 Hyper 16x cards obviously but you also lose the ability to boot:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97190-VROC-Bootable-Raid-with-Intel-900p-when-will-this-be-supported-in-the-BIOS/page8#post686272

Whoa, that's a fast roller coaster! ?