Troubleshooting

Yogi53

I really need some help with installing Windows 10 on to my new PC I've gone to the website on my friends laptop and downloaded the windows 10 disc image on to my friends computer and tried to transfer it to my 16 gb flash drive but one of the folders won't transfer because it is apparently to large. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to buy a DVD USB drive?

3 minutes ago, Yogi53 said:

I really need some help with installing Windows 10 on to my new PC I've gone to the website on my friends laptop and downloaded the windows 10 disc image on to my friends computer and tried to transfer it to my 16 gb flash drive but one of the folders won't transfer because it is apparently to large. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to buy a DVD USB drive?

You double checked that the flash drive is free of space? Just in case completely  format the usb and try again. You might need to run diskpart and use clean all. You'd also need to make it bootable. I can give quick steps on how to set it up if you want the tldr version of the below link.

https://commandwindows.com/diskpart.htm

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

My friends computer is a mackbook do I need to find a windows computer?

If you change computer, you may use your existing Windows installation. Just boot your computer using your old HDD/SSD.

check what format your USB is.. if the usb has a partition formatted as, say fat32 then files over 4gb in size wont copy over..

fat32 file system has a limitation of 4gb files.