Pirated games FPS increase?

The Torrent

This shouldn’t be against rules as it’s a general discussion about the actual software behind pirated games.

i just saw this post ( linked as attachment)

That is the discussion I prepose. Can this be true???

EDIT: https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/265668-pirated-version-final-fantasy-xv-much-faster-legal-game

Many Thanks

@dgsddfgdfhgs09B410F8-42F9-4C1E-AADE-66D8496EADD3.jpeg.97e6df392f3a76cf853b634b3cb6b333.jpeg

Yes it has been tested that some DRM causes lower frame rates so when the game is pirated (or put on GoG) the game performs better. 

39 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Yes it has been tested that some DRM causes lower frame rates so when the game is pirated (or put on GoG) the game performs better. 

False. When it's cracked the DRM is still there, it's just fooled into thinking it's a legit copy.

#Muricaparrotgang

Just now, JZStudios said:

False. When it's cracked the DRM is still there, it's just fooled into thinking it's a legit copy.

i was gonna say something like this

but i did not wanna be wrong just in case

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I think it depends on the game, sometimes the DRM has been fully ripped away, for others it's still there but thinks it's a legit copy.

4 hours ago, corrado33 said:

They tested the legit version is actually faster in 720p. If DRM is actually hammering precious CPU cycles then it should perform worse in 720p. Maybe the pirated version have inferior game assets? Lower res textures?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Maybe the pirated copies have inferior game assets? Lower res textures?

the pirated games uses original game files, some times high texture/ audio packs need to download separately.at least the resources are the same 

1 hour ago, xAcid9 said:

They tested the legit version is actually faster in 720p. If DRM is actually hammering precious CPU cycles then it should perform worse in 720p. Maybe the pirated version have inferior game assets? Lower res textures?

What? Why would there be lower quality assets in the pirated version? Did someone go through and purposely make them lower quality for fun?

1 hour ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

the pirated games uses original game files, some times high texture/ audio packs need to download separately.at least the resources are the same 

32 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

What? Why would there be lower quality assets in the pirated version? Did someone go through and purposely make them lower quality for fun?

I mean FFXV have 4k texture pack that you need to download separately. Maybe the pirated version doesn't have that texture pack? The article didn't mentioned anything about that. 

Also like i said, if the DRM actually hammering CPU cycles then it should perform worse in 720p because of CPU bottleneck but when they tested the Steam version is faster @720p but slower @1080p, that's not weird to you?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

I mean FFXV have 4k texture pack that you need to download separately. Maybe the pirated version doesn't have that texture pack? The article didn't mentioned anything about that. 

Also like i said, if the DRM actually hammering CPU cycles then it should perform worse in 720p because of CPU bottleneck but when they tested the Steam version is faster @720p but slower @1080p, that's not weird to you?

I don't think I've ever seen a pirated version of a game NOT include the DLC. But seriously, do you think they'd make a mistake such as that? Not only would they have to download the absolutely massive 4k texture pack purposely, they'd also have to enable it....

3 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

I don't think I've ever seen a pirated version of a game NOT include the DLC. But seriously, do you think they'd make a mistake such as that? Not only would they have to download the absolutely massive 4k texture pack purposely, they'd also have to enable it....

Then can you explain why the legit version perform better at 720p?

Just now, xAcid9 said:

Then can you explain why the legit version perform better at 720p?

Nope. Did you know the very large majority of PC gamers play at 1080p? According to steam, it's 68%. Only 0.41% of people are playing at 720p now-a-day.

11 minutes ago, corrado33 said:

Nope. Did you know the very large majority of PC gamers play at 1080p? According to steam, it's 68%. Only 0.41% of people are playing at 720p now-a-day.

You mean the DRM picked those that play @1080p and hammer their performance?

DRM: Yo this pleb play at 720p, let him free.
Game engine: Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

39 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

the game itself is like 80gb+ and high testure is about 60gb, its for the purpose of internet bandwidth and users needs