DazMode Wrong Item Shipped and Refused to Take It Back...

henryhjiang

So I placed an order on DazMode(pretty much the only place to look for water cooling stuff here in Canada)  last week for my new build, and the package arrived today. Apparently what I ordered was an EK GTX 680 Lightning waterblock(for my MSI GTX 770 Lightning GPU), however what DazMode actually shipped was a 780 Lightning block. Obviously EK products look so alike as far as boxes go, so I opened the seal on the outer box and opened it up. Until then I realized this block is not what they should have given me. At this point the plastic bag is not opened yet, the second seal on it is still complete. That being said, the 780 waterblock is untouched. I immediately filed a ticket on DazMode and asked for an exchange. However the answer customer service gave me was that: "Rules are the same for all customers equally. You open it – you own it."

I can see why they would not want to accept an "open box" for restocking purpose, but hey, the situation is not something like I opened up an item that I purchased and suddenly I changed my mind and wanted my money back. DazMode made a mistake on their order processing & shipping, and now I need to be fully responsible for it? This simply does not make any sense what so ever.

If DazMode takes no action at all, I will be stuck in a very difficult position now. I will either have to try to sell the waterblock or the GPU, which neither is an easy thing to do considering their prices, not to mention that I would be losing a fair amount of money doing it. Aside from that, my pc build is stuck now and suffering from a major delay.

The fact that I did not pay attention and double checked everything before opened them up was my fault, I admit it, and I understand that if they do not want to take the product back and/or exchange. However I think this incidence is caused by both party's fault, and at least there should be a way to work this out that can make both sides happy.

Tomorrow when their customer service over phone starts working I will give them a call.  All I am asking is that DazMode can charge me a small amount and take the 780 waterblock back as an open box and put it up for sale (since on the website there IS an open box section indeed), and send me a 680 waterblock which I paid for. As for the shipping fee back and forth, DazMode should treat it like a product restock and pay for the 780 block shipping back. Since I paid for my order which included shipping, DazMode should take care of that as well.

What do you guys think about this whole thing?

The issue is now properly addressed and solved by Dazmode customer service. I shipped the wrong block back and got the correct one.

I registered an account on their forum hopefully to address it there. And guess what?

"Your account has been activated but you are currently in the moderation queue to be added to the forum."

Way to go....

Just bother CS again and explain that you were given the wrong item so that gets through their head first, then drop the fact that you opened it not realizing it was the wrong item.

If they still don't refund you, you have pretty solid defense to do a chargeback on your card.

Error: 410

Just bother CS again and explain that you were given the wrong item so that gets through their head first, then drop the fact that you opened it not realizing it was the wrong item.

If they still don't refund you, you have pretty solid defense to do a chargeback on your card.

Umm...charging back on my card is a good last resort although I am not sure how to put that into practice. I have the electronic receipt, but they did not include a "part list" inside the package.

Umm...charging back on my card is a good last resort although I am not sure how to put that into practice. I have the electronic receipt, but they did not include a "part list" inside the package.

didnt you get a receipt? there should be a costumer number on there so they can see what you bought and see they send you the wrong thing

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

didnt you get a receipt? there should be a costumer number on there so they can see what you bought.

Yes I did, and I realized that I have emails between CS and I to back me up. The CS guy was pretty much like: "oh yea we shipped the wrong thing, but you opened it, so suck it up..."

Sigh....I really wish things go the easy way, since even if I get the $$ back chances are I sitll need to order from them...

Yes I did, and I realized that I have emails between CS and I to back me up. 

Sigh....I really wish things go the easy way, since even if I get the $$ back chances are I sitll need to order from them...

well ask for his superior and say you want to speak to him

tell him the situation and say you want a refund. he'll have to agree.... just dont tell that you opened the box untill the last moment

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Why not just buy a 780.They are pretty affordable.Sell your 770 which is much inferior in performance.No more arguments needs to be made.

• 1 month later...

Dazmode customer service is second to none

glad to see its resolved

have made alot of orders with him and he always comes thru  :)