OCZ ZX 1000 Warranty (OCZ bankrupt)

Virgule

I have an OCZ ZX 1000 power supply which has a 5 year warranty. Now that OCZ is going bankrupt, who is going to honour OCZ's warranties ? Toshiba (who is in the deal of buying OCZ's assets) ? 

Spoiler

hmm or their warrantees will become obsolete and no one will carry them out

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I don't know how the warranty rules are in Canada, but where I live that warranty is with the store where you bought it, and not with the manufacture. The store is forced to forfill the warrenty, no matter if the company still exists or not.

If the warrenty is with OCZ, I guess that it's up to the company that buys OCZ.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I don't know how the warranty rules are in Canada, but where I live that warranty is with the store where you bought it, and not with the manufacture. The store is forced to forfill the warrenty, no matter if the company still exists or not.

If the warrenty is with OCZ, I guess that it's up to the company that buys OCZ.

In Canada (at least, and I thought was also WW), there are two types of warranties : store and manufacturer.

The store (online retailer or local store) where you bought it offers a warranty that is usually anywhere from 14 days to 90 days from purchase and that covers pretty much anything including the "I changed my mind and want a (store) refund". This type of warranty is well known for being abused by people who get items as presents (ex: Walmart returns on the 26-27th of Dec.).

The manufacturer's warranty is available since day 1 and is usually available for a few years. It usually covers parts and labor on defects resulting from normal wear and tear. So if you experience a defect after the store's warranty, you just send it back to the manufacturer's location (or a third party) and you get a replacement (new unit) or a refurbished one.

RAM is well known for having lifetime warranty, which is of course with manufacturer and not the store (ex: Future shop) that sold it to you.

Spoiler

In Canada (at least, and I thought was also WW), there are two types of warranties : store and manufacturer.

The store (online retailer or local store) where you bought it offers a warranty that is usually anywhere from 14 days to 90 days from purchase and that covers pretty much anything including the "I changed my mind and want a (store) refund". This type of warranty is well known for being abused by people who get items as presents (ex: Walmart returns on the 26-27th of Dec.).

The manufacturer's warranty is available since day 1 and is usually available for a few years. It usually covers parts and labor on defects resulting from normal wear and tear. So if you experience a defect after the store's warranty, you just send it back to the manufacturer's location (or a third party) and you get a replacement (new unit) or a refurbished one.

RAM is well known for having lifetime warranty, which is of course with manufacturer and not the store (ex: Future shop) that sold it to you.

Ok, that's much different from how it works where I live.

Usually the stores have a return policy that allows you to change your mind. Though this is not forced most stores offer it. 

Then there is the warranty. There is a forced 2 year warranty on every product that you can buy (Except for food and other organic material). This warranty is a contract between you and the store. If a product has an extented warranty, that is also to be fulfilled by the store. If the product breaks it is up to the store to prove that it is not broken, and if they fail to do so they have to either give you your money back, or a new product.

I'm sorry for derailing the thread. Going from the link you posted you shouldn't worry about your warranty

Going from the link you posted you shouldn't worry about your warranty

Yeah that's what I figured. Good thing.

Ok, that's much different from how it works where I live.

Usually the stores have a return policy that allows you to change your mind. Though this is not forced most stores offer it. 

Then there is the warranty. There is a forced 2 year warranty on every product that you can buy (Except for food and other organic material). This warranty is a contract between you and the store. If a product has an extented warranty, that is also to be withheld by the store. If the product breaks it is up to the store to prove that it is not broken, and if they fail to do so they have to either give you your money back, or a new product.

May I ask what is this strange (read "awesome") country you live in ?

Spoiler

Yeah that's what I figured. Good thing.

May I ask what is this strange (read "awesome") country you live in ?

Denmark. A small country in Northern Europe. Though most of the warranty laws are a universal thing within the EU.

If a product has an extented warranty, that is also to be fulfilled by the store.

We also have extended warranties in Canada but they are know to be total ripoffs; just a way for the store to make more money offering a service that is usually just them getting the manufacturer's warranty for you.

Spoiler