need your helps here: building a server

mbparsa
I am trying to build a server, and I am really new ....these are the parts that I have right now:

1- Asus Z9PE-D16 Dual LGA2011 Xeon/Intel C602-A PCH/4GbE/SSI EEB  Motherboard

2- 2 0f Intel Xeon 6C E5 2620 2.0 GHz 6 LGA 2011 Processor BX80621E52620

3- Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 750GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Single Unit Version Internal Solid State Drive MZ-7TE750BW

4- 2 of Kingston Technology ValueRAM 16 GB 1600MHz DDR3 (PC3-12800) ECC Reg CL11 DIMM DR x4 Server Memory KVR16R11D4/16

5- Zalman ZALMAN GS1200 - Full Tower Computer Case GS1200

6- Corsair Professional Series HX 1050 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX1050)

7- ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II OC Edition 2048MB GDDR5, DVI, DVI-D, HDMI, DisplayPort, Overclocked GPU and GPU
Tweak Utilities PCI-Express 3.0 

8-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

The problem : when I put them together, and turned it on, it goes on and off repeatedly!!

I removed one of the cpu power cable and it stopped turning on/off , but still do not have any things on monitors! no signals no screen!

Are you saying it does not post?  are you getting any screen output?

does it make the bios screen?

if it not making the bios (post)

-make sure you have attached all the power connectors, you should have 3! power cable going to you motherboard not just one.

or 2.  they also need to be full 8 pins not 6 pins.

- take one of the cpu's out and see if that fixes the problem.  alternate the cpu taken out.

i have had a very similar issue with a duel cpu board before.  in that instance the guy how had tried to build it before bringing it to me had put to many motherboard spacier in and was shorting the back of the motherboard out with it,  that computer worked with one cpu but not 2.

you also have to worry about cpu compatibility, when ts that board the board manufacture was saying allot about the two cpus have the same batch and timings and that they are not all the same from batch to batch.

let me know if taking one cpu works, some photos' or a video of the boot would be helpful.

there is also this tread on does not post that might be helpful

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/42440-readme-how-to-respond-to-a-no-post-or-no-power-up-situation/

Your ram may also be in the wrong slots for you computer to post correctly you will need to check the mother board manual to insure the correct slot.

Also make sure you are using the on board graphics vga to start with as you probably will have to configure the gpu in the bios (turn on).

Thank you very much for the information : 

With two cpu , it goes on and off repeatedly !! but with one CPU it just act normal but there is not screen or bias page , I checked the jumper to make sure that I am using on board graphic... I put some pics on this post : could you please see the pics and help me with this problem?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80364-please-help-me-with-this-problem/?p=1110692