Custom Case Build Motherboard Dimensions

Brett39532

Hi everyone

I have a couple of questions hopefully some of you here can help me with. I am designing a new computer case/desk i am going to build. I have alot of free time at work right now and have access to some great drawing programs such as Autocad and Inventor. My problem is does anyone know where i can get drawings of standard size motherboard tray layouts for standard Mobos and possibly other things such as power supplies graphics cards etc. I have seen some things done that people have rendered and it looks as if they just used an image but i am not exactly 100% sure on that. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

If you're only making 2D drawings of the case, you can just make a box of the correct dimensions of the motherboard. ATX is 305x244 mm, mATX can be as big as 244x244mm, but it can also be a bit smaller. Google will help you for the dimensions. Same thing for other components, just get their lenght, height and width, and make a box of it in AutoCAD. 

If you want it in 3D it's the same thing, Google Warehouse has some pre-modeled motherboards, GPUs etc, but it's a rubbish modeling program, although it can be find for a basic usage.

Or, you can model it completely, although it's quite harder. You could add some textures to your box to make it look like a GPU, but it's not a big deal if all you want is an idea of the size.

something like this? This is for EVGA SR-2

0rKOZ.jpg

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

It will all be drawn in 3D to as close to the original product as possible. I would like to print a picture of the rendering and frame it once the desk is complete and hang it over the desk. I think it would look pretty neat and help in the planning and stages of construction. Mo5 thats looks like it could be useful aswell thank you for the image sir.

I planning to do what you are doing too. But i'm going to get standard ATX Motherboard trays from Lian-Li and build it into the desk.

I might be wrong. best if someone could tell me now so i won't buy it.

Chassis: Corsair 540 AIR | CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.5Ghz | Motherboard: Z87 Sabertooth | GPU: Asus GTX 780 Direct CU IIRAM: 16GB Avexir Core Series 1866mhz Blue LED | SSD: Samsung EVO 250GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Blue | Coolers: Corsair H100i

Build Log: Project Sapphire