best choice for passive 3d monitor

Sharif
Go to solution Solved by Alex(PlayMedium),

what for? gaming is not fun in 3d with monitors, I'd say wait for the oculus rift? that is true 3d where you actually feel like you are in the virtual world, on a screen you just feel like something is further in our out of the screen, there are worlds of difference, I got to try the oculus at gamescom, it is so fabulous :D

what is the best choice under 190$ passive 3D monitor and a ips screen if possible can please give me some suggestions  ;)

my current choice >>>>>>VG23AH asus>>>>>>https://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG23AH/

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

is 3d really worth it ?

is 3d really worth it ?

i am really amused by 3d for some reason 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

i am really amused by 3d for some reason 

amused :D ? you mean fascinated? yea, i have some pairs of passive glasses myself, also red/cyan ones, and i also can look youtube videos crosseyed 3D hah :P

but how much do good passive 3d monitors cost? are they worth it? why not just buy oculus rift and be done with it? then you have "true" 3d

An IPS panel might have better colour quality, but passive 3D would only make these colours distorted, you're better off getting an active 120Hz or higher TN one and spend that little more if 3D is important to you. It would also give you that better refresh rate in games without 3D.

Intel Core i5 4670k 》Asus Z87 GRYPHON 》8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz

Asus R9 280 STRIX 3GB》Samsung 840EVO 250gb 》Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Corsair GS 800W 》Corsair 350D Case 》Corsair Hydro H110

what for? gaming is not fun in 3d with monitors, I'd say wait for the oculus rift? that is true 3d where you actually feel like you are in the virtual world, on a screen you just feel like something is further in our out of the screen, there are worlds of difference, I got to try the oculus at gamescom, it is so fabulous :D

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

An IPS panel might have better colour quality, but passive 3D would only make these colours distorted, you're better off getting an active 120Hz or higher TN one and spend that little more if 3D is important to you. It would also give you that better refresh rate in games without 3D.

bahhh i am thinking its better if i don't go with 3D

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

bahhh i am thinking its better if i don't go with 3D

yep, oculus rift will (probably) come before the end of year