Newegg MB RMA claiming bent CPU pins

Considering Linus works for NCIX this may not be the most appropriate website to talk about this, but this is Linustechtips.com not ncix.com.

Sooo...

I'm currently in a battle with Newegg for them to replace or refund (preferably the latter) my motherboard. I got an Asrock Extreme11 and it was DOA. They claim there was a bent CPU socket, but I checked carefully in there to see if there was any damage and their wasn't. Then I made sure to properly put the CPU socket cover on and then went to the UPS store and saw the man put in a good deal of peanuts in there. Newegg now claims there is a bent CPU socket in my motherboard, but I know that I did not do any damage unto it myself. Either the product was defected when they gave it to me, or Newegg themselves mishandled the product. Has anyone else had trouble with this? I'm seeing that many people are having this problem with Newegg, and if so there needs something to be done about it. I'm great at talking to people and getting what I want from them so I'll share my ways on getting an RMA with the world if WHEN they replace or FULLY refund my motherboard. 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

We are HUMANS, not robotic slaves! 

Considering Linus works for NCIX this may not be the most appropriate website to talk about this, but this is Linustechtips.com not ncix.com.

Sooo...

I'm currently in a battle with Newegg for them to replace or refund (preferably the latter) my motherboard. I got an Asrock Extreme11 and it was DOA. They claim there was a bent CPU socket, but I checked carefully in there to see if there was any damage and their wasn't. Then I made sure to properly put the CPU socket cover on and then went to the UPS store and saw the man put in a good deal of peanuts in there. Newegg now claims there is a bent CPU socket in my motherboard, but I know that I did not do any damage unto it myself. Either the product was defected when they gave it to me, or Newegg themselves mishandled the product. Has anyone else had trouble with this? I'm seeing that many people are having this problem with Newegg, and if so there needs something to be done about it. I'm great at talking to people and getting what I want from them so I'll share my ways on getting an RMA with the world if WHEN they replace or FULLY refund my motherboard.

x79 or z77? People are getting a lot of bent pin CPU socket with the x79 version on Newegg...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Go there, and yell at them, no matter how long it takes, somewhen they start crying and will refund / replace just so you stop screaming.

And don't be bothered by the poor guy showing you to the shelves, ask for the market manager right away.

Usually works quite fine [after asking politely 2-3x ofc]

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

i stoped buying hardware i can't RMA directly because of problems like you have right now. often enough they make shit up so they don't have to rma is...it costs them more to rma it than they make money on selling 5 mainboards

Go there, and yell at them, no matter how long it takes, somewhen they start crying and will refund / replace just so you stop screaming.

And don't be bothered by the poor guy showing you to the shelves, ask for the market manager right away.

Usually works quite fine [after asking politely 2-3x ofc]

XD screaming always works.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

XD screaming always works.

Ya, too many people just stfu and bend over.

It's always funny when the realise "not gonna work this time".

Like that Hotel in London, that actually gave me a, what they called "accessible room" and refused to change the room since "I booked over the internet".

I basically yelled at the chick on the reception and after I quite loudly said "How am I supposed to fuck my GF in the bathtub if there isn't any ?!" she was so embarassed she gave me a new key and a baggage boy right away.

While my GF burst into tears because of laughing lawl.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Yes this happened to me on one the ASrock mobo except I bought a H77 one awhile back and just wanted to return it to get a z77. Everything worked fine no problems at all I carefully removed everything and checked everything as okay and shipped it. When newegg received it they told me it was damaged, a bent CPU socket therefore I am unable to get a refund.  I was thinking to myself wtf It was working literally before i mailed it, so when i got it back it didn't work at all.. I was so mad I checked the cpu pins and there was a BIG dash of line across the pins i thought to myself there was no way in hell I could of done something like that. So i contacted them but of course it's my word against theres.. and of course i lose.... 

I didn't want to yell because I do work customer service and pretty much i know they are just following polices but I do hope who ever bent my sockets gets beaver slap in the face the fucking dumb willy wacker mcnuggets!!!

So lesson learned always take pictures of everything before you send it just to be on the safe side. 

Ya, too many people just stfu and bend over.

It's always funny when the realise "not gonna work this time".

Like that Hotel in London, that actually gave me a, what they called "accessible room" and refused to change the room since "I booked over the internet".

I basically yelled at the chick on the reception and after I quite loudly said "How am I supposed to fuck my GF in the bathtub if there isn't any ?!" she was so embarassed she gave me a new key and a baggage boy right away.

While my GF burst into tears because of laughing lawl.

hands down brilliant XD. The RMA place is pretty far, hopefully calling them will work. 

For all the falsely accused: message me and we can decide how to right all the wrongs that happened to you!

I'm looking at the major corporations, the lying online communities, the government that protects us...

Yes this happened to me on one the ASrock mobo except I bought a H77 one awhile back and just wanted to return it to get a z77. Everything worked fine no problems at all I carefully removed everything and checked everything as okay and shipped it. When newegg received it they told me it was damaged, a bent CPU socket therefore I am unable to get a refund.  I was thinking to myself wtf It was working literally before i mailed it, so when i got it back it didn't work at all.. I was so mad I checked the cpu pins and there was a BIG dash of line across the pins i thought to myself there was no way in hell I could of done something like that. So i contacted them but of course it's my word against theres.. and of course i lose.... 

I didn't want to yell because I do work customer service and pretty much i know they are just following polices but I do hope who ever bent my sockets gets beaver slap in the face the fucking dumb willy wacker mcnuggets!!!

So lesson learned always take pictures of everything before you send it just to be on the safe side. 

I will fight for you brother. I'm not gonna let it slip this time, this isn't just for me but for everyone else with this problem. My last resort will be finding a picture of it somewhere online and sending it to them. 

x79 or z77? People are getting a lot of bent pin CPU socket with the x79 version on Newegg...

X79 -___-

i stoped buying hardware i can't RMA directly because of problems like you have right now. often enough they make shit up so they don't have to rma is...it costs them more to rma it than they make money on selling 5 mainboards

Well I guess they're going to be losing money now ;) 

Good luck i really hope you can get through to them. The thing is I love newegg and I still buy stuff from them it just random stuff like this gets me off edge and ticks me off. I do live in Cali too, so when I order something it usually receive it within 2 days even if i select the 3-7 business day shipping. 

I'm making progress. Now it's time to play the waiting game :P... oh well. If anyone is interested I'll post what I did to get a good RMA so in the future you guys don't need to deal with this bull.