Stable OC for my 980 Ti?

Khajiit Dealer

I have an EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 Ti and want to OC. I'm using EVGA Precision X which automatically boosts the clock to ~1265Mhz maximum while remaining relatively cool (the hottest I've seen it go is 76C) I was wondering what voltage, clock speed, etc. to set it to that would be stable and give me better gaming performance.

My specs:

i7 3770k

CX750M 

16GB (2x8) Crucial RAM DDR3

I know my PSU isn't the greatest, but it can definitely handle more power draw from my system. 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

Don't mess with voltage at first.

Here: 

i have gtx980 ti reference

Stock

1190 core

3500 mem

i OCed it to:

1425 core

4050 Mem

it added about 10-20 fps to witcher 3 max settings + hairworks. runs at a stable 60fps now.

EDIT:

i have a evga hybrid kit on my card.

Temp on idle 20c and under load is about 50c.

i have gtx980 ti reference

Stock

1190 core

3500 mem

i OCed it to:

1425 core

4050 Mem

it added about 10-20 fps to witcher 3 max settings + hairworks. runs at a stable 60fps now.

What are the other specs for your system? Also, what software did you use? 

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

1. There isn´t realy a Reason to OC your 980Ti further, its badass as it is now.

2. Dont touch the Voltage untill you have reached the maximum stable OC and want go even further.

3. Dont use Custom Bio´s if you dont know 100% what you are doing.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

What are the other specs for your system? Also, what software did you use? 

i used MSI after burner to clock it. Heaven benchmark to bench it.

my specs are:

gtx 980ti with evga hybrid kit

i7-2600k (5-6 years old cpu) OCed to 4.5Ghz (stock 3.4ghz) with kraken x41 cooler

8gb ripjaw 1600

1tb hdd

850w evga supernova b2

After you acquired a stable oc on the benchmark, make sure you go ingame to test if its stable.

i had a stable oc on 1450 OC without artifatcs and stuff but after going in witcher 3 i started to see missing texture and so on. had to turn my core down to 1425 till its stable

1. There isn´t realy a Reason to OC your 980Ti further, its badass as it is now.

2. Dont touch the Voltage untill you have reached the maximum stable OC and want go even further.

Well, I don't get a consistent 60 FPS on heavily modded Skyrim and sometimes (not often) Witcher 3 drops below 60 with max settings and Hairworks. 

Well, I don't get a consistent 60 FPS on heavily modded Skyrim and sometimes (not often) Witcher 3 drops below 60 with max settings and Hairworks.

You can bring any System to its knees with Mods and Hairworks is unoptimized Crap.

I tweaked Witcher 3 to the Sky, it looks many times better than on native Ultra with Hairworks off and have 60-70fps in 1440p. Just deaktivate this Hairworks Nonsense.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Just remember this.

Everycard is different. all depends on the silicon lottery thing. sometimes you get a decent card and sometimes a total crap (OC wise)

You can bring any System to its knees with Mods and Hairworks is unoptimized Crap.

I tweaked Witcher 3 to the Sky, it looks many times better than on native Ultra with Hairworks off and have 60-70fps in 1440p. Just deaktivate this Hairworks Nonsense.

it looks super cool when you fight something big with alot of hair xD

looks slick and badass as fk!

it looks super cool when you fight something big with alot of hair xD

looks slick and badass as fk!

Is it worth 20 FPS for you? Not for me.  :ph34r:

Why wouldn't he OC it further, temps are obviously not an issue. 

@OP find your MAX OC at stock voltage, then see if adding voltage helps at all. alot of times with big maxwell like the 980 Ti and Titan X voltage usually doesn't scale on ambient cooling, worth a try though.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Is it worth 20 FPS for you? Not for me.  :ph34r:

i have a stable 60 fps. probably more with v-sync off. but my monitor cant handle more than 60fps and will start tearing the screen so there is no need for me to do it.

Adding voltage does very little for me. Depending on the game, my max OC can be anywhere from 1425-1510. Obviously heat has a lot to do with it and more intense games heat up the card more, restricting my OC.

That being said, I don't really OC unless I feel the need to. If I can run a game fine at stock settings then I just leave it be.

tho. i made all those OC without touching the Voltage at all. i dont wanna mess up the lifespan because im gonna be keeping the card for 5-6 years

i have a stable 60 fps. probably more with v-sync off. but my monitor cant handle more than 60fps and will start tearing the screen so there is no need for me to do it.

I rather have my Game look like this with high Frames :P

poi5xkh.jpg

I rather have my Game look like this with high Frames :P

poi5xkh.jpg

well as i said already. i have everything maxed and all + hairworks. its on stable 60 fps without any dips so far.

well as i said already. i have everything maxed and all + hairworks. its on stable 60 fps without any dips so far.

On native Ultra yes, but not with my Ini. These settings cost ~30Frames. But hey, everyone how he likes ;)

I deleted the Game anyway. 130hours and it became kind of boring. Sad but true :/

Teach me how to make it look like this please. 

When im at home. I send you the file. Could take untill tomorrow though.