First time Overclock

O_oTWITCHo_O

so here is the deal i decided to do my first overclock today just because well why not... i have a i7 5820 and i was able to get it to 4GHz i also have  avexir core series DDR4 whis i can have up to 2666 (which its suppose to be at but its at 2133 out of the box) now the problem is i can have the Ram at 2666 or the cpu at 4GHz but not both at the same time ... im a little lost as to why this is 

How are you overclocking?  Multiplier or FSB?  Does your memory have an XMP setting?  I'm not familiar with your CPU or with ddr4 ram. But It might help to bump up the NB voltage slightly.  You might need to manually set your ram to the correct voltage and timing settings.  If you use the FSB to overclock you will have to adjust the memory multiplier manually and set the settings manually yourself.

Your best bet is to lock the ram in conservatively and then overclock your CPU.  Then if you want to adjust the ram do that.  But don't adjust both aggressively at the same time.

Ok im back i had to switch to my phone .... the memory does have a xmp profile which is what i was useing to get it to 2666 like it is suppose to be

so here is what i got so far as it is now it will not boot to windows ... but if i put the memory at 2133 it will 

20151004_140609_zpsbcrdp3a8.jpg

20151004_142958_zps2j6qkltc.jpg

20151004_142725_zpsgfaxn0f6.jpg

I don't see any voltage adjustments for the northbridge.  It looks like you are adjusting the CPU multiplier to overclock, from 33 to 40.  That shouldn't effect the memory at all.  I'm wondering what is the voltage recommendation for the RAM?  I See that it's at 1.2 volts when you have it set to 2133 MHz.  What does the RAM voltage set itself to if you adjust it to 2667 MHz? 

Did you adjust the vcore at all to overclock?  I see you have it locked at 1.11 volts.  If you can try to bump up the memory voltage.  I'm not familiar with ddr4 voltage but you should be safe to bump it up. If you can adjust the northbridge voltage that might help, as you are asking the NB to work faster when you overclock either the CPU or the RAM, but especially when they are both getting pushed. 

Maybe someone else can chime in too that is more familiar with intel and ddr4 but try adjusting your voltages.  If your voltage control is really limited your motherboard might be what's holding you back.

Im not sure what the voltage is at when its at 2666 ill have to check when i get back home ... gf is makeing me go to dinner at her dads lol