Can You Get An Unlock Code for Free?

byalexandr
Go to solution Solved by thekeemo,

Someone mentioned rooting and modding? Is that really possible? How easily can I do it?

You cant. I tried. Trust me.

Edit: found this http://www.unlockphone.me/

So my Windows Phone kinda sucks. My friend got an iPhone so he let me have his Android phone, which is an LG D415 (Optimus L90 or something). Well it's locked to the T-Mobile network, and I have an AT&T SIM, so of course it won't work. I am new to this kind of stuff, and apparently I need an unlock code. I can't contact T-Mobile for it (even though they give it for free, apparently) since the phone (or the account for the phone, more specifically) is no longer active or whatever, and all of these sites want like $10-20. What doez I do>? Thanks!

So my Windows Phone kinda sucks. My friend got an iPhone so he let me have his Android phone, which is an LG D415 (Optimus L90 or something). Well it's locked to the T-Mobile network, and I have an AT&T SIM, so of course it won't work. I am new to this kind of stuff, and apparently I need an unlock code. I can't contact T-Mobile for it (even though they give it for free, apparently) since the phone (or the account for the phone, more specifically) is no longer active or whatever, and all of these sites want like $10-20. What doez I do>? Thanks!

If you've owned the phone for 2+ years, you can contact AT&T for an unlock code.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

You gotta pay. I found cellunlocker to be reliable.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If you've owned the phone for 2+ years, you can contact AT&T for an unlock code.

No, my Windows Phone is an AT&T phone. I used an AT&T SIM for that phone. My friend gave me this T-Mobile Android phone, but it's locked to T-Mobile so I can't use my AT&T SIM card. I don't want to unlock the Windows Phone, I want to unlock the Android phone.

You gotta pay. I found cellunlocker to be reliable.

Damn, really? That is such bull crap. Are you sure?

Just ask your friend to unlock it from his account. The last active account holder can request an unlock. 

Or just pay the $10

Or find a way to do it through rooting + Modding on xdadevelopers 

No, my Windows Phone is an AT&T phone. I used an AT&T SIM for that phone. My friend gave me this T-Mobile Android phone, but it's locked to T-Mobile so I can't use my AT&T SIM card. I don't want to unlock the Windows Phone, I want to unlock the Android phone.

It should be the same with Tmobile.  Try contacting Tmobile customer support.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Just ask your friend to unlock it from his account. The last active account holder can request an unlock. 

Or just pay the $10

Or find a way to do it through rooting + Modding on xdadevelopers 

OOOH, I can do that?! Hell yes, please tell me how.

Yup

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yup

Someone mentioned rooting and modding? Is that really possible? How easily can I do it?

You cant. I tried. Trust me.

Edit: found this http://www.unlockphone.me/

What phone is it ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

use this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2732311

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT