Windows OEM Activation Questions

Rayhaan Jiwani
Go to solution Solved by techguru,

Please explain in a simpler way. What's a generic key? Do you mean I should I select the option of activating later?

You can use generic product key.
Windows 8.1 (Not Pro): 334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT 
Windows 8.1 Pro: XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB 
use one of these to install
then change keys in windows

Hello Forum,

As you might have read in the title, I had some questions about Windows OEM Licenses/Activation. There's a nice deal on fast2play.com for w8.1 Pro but it's OEM. I have read in many places that the OEM Key doesn't work with the Retail ISO and I don't know where I can find an OEM ISO for installing 8.1 OEM. Can someone please tell me what I should do? I really need another copy of Windows and I like 8.1 but what about this OEM sh**. And will I be able to reactivate the key later on another machine after uninstalling it from the first one? I don't think Microsoft provides Tech Support for OEM.

Thanks! :)

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

Hello Forum,

As you might have read in the title, I had some questions about Windows OEM Licenses/Activation. There's a nice deal on fast2play.com for w8.1 Pro but it's OEM. I have read in many places that the OEM Key doesn't work with the Retail ISO and I don't know where I can find an OEM ISO for installing 8.1 OEM. Can someone please tell me what I should do? I really need another copy of Windows and I like 8.1 but what about this OEM sh**. And will I be able to reactivate the key later on another machine after uninstalling it from the first one? I don't think Microsoft provides Tech Support for OEM.

Thanks! :)

you can activate with a oem key

you just can't install with that key

gotta use the generic install key to install..then change keys once you are in windows

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

SNIP

Please explain in a simpler way. What's a generic key? Do you mean I should I select the option of activating later?

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

You can use generic product key.
Windows 8.1 (Not Pro): 334NH-RXG76-64THK-C7CKG-D3VPT 
Windows 8.1 Pro: XHQ8N-C3MCJ-RQXB6-WCHYG-C9WKB 
use one of these to install
then change keys in windows

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

SNIP

Sure it'll work? I'll probably buy it then, thanks a lot. What about Retail Keys? Smooth as a hot knife through butter?