Computer stutters?

Hey guys,

So recently I've upgraded from my i5 2500k to the i7 6700k processor, along with the MSI Gaming M7 Z170A mobo. I've also upgraded to Windows 10 as well.

So yeah, anyway for some reason recently my computer has started stuttering REALLY badly and I mean like, basically freezing continually. I continually monitor all of my temps in the computer and using a Cooler Master Hyper TX3 evo with Noctua fans the maximum my CPU gets under load is 60 degrees with an average of 29-40 at idle! and the maximum my 970 gets under load is 70 or so.

Now I know that's not the most effective cooler for the new chipsets but I am planning on upgrading to a custom loop soon!

Is there any reason you guys can think of as to why my computer randomly starts stuttering after a couple hours of use?

Cheers everyone in advance! :)

HDD or SSD?

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

As @Kirky2k15 said, it may be a problem with your HDD/SSD, please list your full system specs.

Also, FOLLOW THIS THREAD!

My system has two 980ti's, I'm making up for my small gentials

When you say you upgraded to Windows 10, did you clean install or did you just upgrade to win 10 and kept all of your files?

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

SSD is a 256GB Crucial and hard drive is like a 5 year old 750GB, I wanna say WD but not 1000% sure! I didn't do a clean install either btw. 

SSD is a 256GB Crucial and hard drive is like a 5 year old 750GB, I wanna say WD but not 1000% sure! I didn't do a clean install either btw. 

Well there's your problem, sometimes and I mean SOMETIMES, errors can be caused when a new CPU is installed without the OS being clean installed.

If you know how to reinstall I suggest doing it, if not, please post back here.

Well there's your problem, sometimes and I mean SOMETIMES, errors can be caused when a new CPU is installed without the OS being clean installed.

If you know how to reinstall I suggest doing it, if not, please post back here.

I know how to do a clean install of the system, however for some odd reason since I've upgraded to Windows 10 it now says that my copy of Windows isn't genuine.....and I can't find the packaging that has the product code on it allowing me to register it, so how would I go about upgrading to windows 10?

- Watch this video on how to get your windows activation/product key 

(WRITE IT DOWN SOMEWHERE) 
- Download a ISO for the correct windows version you are using onto a USB/CD
- Restart your PC and enter the BIOS by hitting 'Delete' on your keyboard, make sure your PC is booting from the USB/CD.
- Now if all goes well, you should be welcomed with a windows install process, after that it's all plain sailing.

I know how to do a clean install of the system, however for some odd reason since I've upgraded to Windows 10 it now says that my copy of Windows isn't genuine.....and I can't find the packaging that has the product code on it allowing me to register it, so how would I go about upgrading to windows 10?

- Watch this video on how to get your windows activation/product key 

(WRITE IT DOWN SOMEWHERE) 

- Download a ISO for the correct windows version you are using onto a USB/CD

- Restart your PC and enter the BIOS by hitting 'Delete' on your keyboard, make sure your PC is booting from the USB/CD.

- Now if all goes well, you should be welcomed with a windows install process, after that it's all plain sailing.

Just a quick update,

After doing all of the clean reset and all new drivers installed, I'm disappointed to say that it hasn't fixed the problem.

It doesn't happen as often anymore, but it seems to cause my cpu temps to rise rapidly, from 30 degrees to 50 +

I know exactly what I was running at the time as well, and that was as follows :

GoG client downloading the Witcher 3.

Stream downloading grand theft auto 5

Origin downloading battlefield 4.

That was it as I had gone out for a couple hours and left it on, but when I got back it started occurring!

Any more ideas as to what could be causing it?