Corsair DDR4 RAM Error on X99 motherboard

Go to solution Solved by Elfuego,

You need to flash the BIOS for the higher speed memory  or load XMP Profiles, X99 has support for only 2666? (Maybe 2800 i cant remember), [but ram speed really makes super little difference to X99 for 99.9999% of things] out the box.

Hi everyone,

Just tried to install some corsair Vengeance LXP (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15) on the Asus deluxe X99 motherboard and i'm getting a RAM error. The RAM LED is constantly on and i get constant reboots when i click the MemOk! Button. Does anyone know if it is incompatible with X99? as it says made for skylake on the box. Or if there is anything i can do.

You need to flash the BIOS for the higher speed memory  or load XMP Profiles, X99 has support for only 2666? (Maybe 2800 i cant remember), [but ram speed really makes super little difference to X99 for 99.9999% of things] out the box.

I've got 8gb working at the moment, on the website there is an update to the bios to support 16 GB DDR4 RAM. So i will update that. Thanks everyone!!

I've got 8gb working at the moment, on the website there is an update to the bios to support 16 GB DDR4 RAM. So i will update that. Thanks everyone!!

You may have to XMP the 8gb then plugin the rest.

You may have to XMP the 8gb then plugin the rest.

Doing exactly that worked thanks