Newbie ? on asus r9 390

Jesse221

So Just got the Asus strix r9 390 and impressed so far.  can now run everything maxed.  my questions are on the amd driver software.  I see in the asus specs they say the card is 1050mhz oc and 1070 gaming mode and the mem mhz is 6000.  in the amd driver it says my core clock is 1050 and my mem 1500.  so I am confused.  in the overdrive section of the card I can manually OC in 3d apps (so I assume that would be asus game mode) and I can OC the mem.  the new driver for some reason had changed from a number or actual clock mhz to a % value which I think is stupid but all well.

So just trying to think if i oc .2% of 1050 then that is +21 so that would be my 1070 right?  and for the memory I am confused because if it is like ddr then isnt that the base speed x2 so 1`500 means im only at 3000 which is way off from 6000 that it claims it runs at so what am i missing here?

I am pretty sure the asus software is simpler but I just dont like adding more software to do the same thing that base driver software can achieve I just need to know how this overdrive software should be working.

Thanks guys, otherwise cool card but freaking HUGE.

nevermind about the memory I guess it is x 4 not x 2.  so for the clock boost if I put +2% would that give me my 1070mhz in 3d games?