144hz monitor vs 2 monitors.

N64CUBE

Here is my situation:

I have one graphics card that can handle 144hz. It has 4 outputs: HDMI, Displayport, DVI-D Dual Link, and DVI-I Dual link.

My 144hz monitor is currently hooked up to HDMI, so it can't reach it 144hz potential. My second monitor is VGA only, so it is hooked up to a VGA to DVI-D Dual Link adapter.

The only way to hit the 144hz is by using a DVI-D Dual Link cable, which I have, but then my second monitor would by rendered useless.

I plan on buying a VGA to HDMI or VGA to DVI-I Dual Link converter, but I don't know when that will be.

So...

In the meantime, should I use 2 monitors, or the 1 in 144hz?

And before anyone tells me to just get a better second monitor, I plan on it some time in the future.

Thank you in advance.

VGA to DVI-D is impossible (without an active adapter), hence the D (Digital). Are you sure that's how it's connected? 

It depends on what you're doing. If you're doing work and productivity based stuff, I'd stick with the two monitors for now. If you're playing games, then go for the 144Hz. 

If its a workstation, 2 monitors, if its a gaming setup, 1x 144hz monitor :P

I would personally go with the two monitor option, since the productivity is increased. For games, I would stick to the 144Hz monitor, since the higher refresh rate would be great, although not necessary. Someone like me who games, but also does things like 3D modelling, video editing, etc, would benefit from the dual monitors. Streamers would as well. Like I said, if you aren't interested in all of that and just wanna play, 144Hz is the way to go!

Hmm, I love the 144hz look but I love being able to have a youtube video or something playing on the side.

the one 144hz monitor...  without question... once you see 144hz... holy shit

the one 144hz monitor...  without question... once you see 144hz... holy shit

I ended up doing that, and "wow" is right. So smooooooth...