Potential 1st NAS build/Advice welcome

xConVirus

I was thinking about building a NAS for my home use, as well as to teach myself about maintaining services and network connectivity and such. I have never done anything like this before so please clue me in as much as you like. 

The potential uses for the NAS include experimentation by me with different VMs and operating systems, functioning as both a Plex Media Server, a File Server for a small business, as well as where I would be backing up all of my families computers to. This would mean a maximum of about 10 people possibly accessing it at the same time, with 3 of those on my home network and the rest outside it. 

Here is my initial build, with the limited knowledge I have of my needs, and what home servers can do.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s4tfLk

The both the SSDs and the HDDs would be in RAID 1 (my initial thought) so I would have the redundancy in case of failure. I went with 120GBs because surprisingly they are cheaper than the 64GB alternatives and this gives me some room to play around with some of the space. I can't imagine needing much more than 2TB of storage right now, even with all the movies I play to rip and the file server probably wont be more than a couple of GBs as it is a very small business. 

Parts I want most advice on are the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM. It'd be nice if I could keep this as small and compact as possible, but I am open to some larger solutions. Unless someone can give me a good excuse to, I'd like to keep this all under $1000. Thanks guys.

I am using a g3258 for my freenas use. ANd 4 2tb wd purples. Haven't got it running yet though. Sitting on a test bench next to me. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

I am using a g3258 for my freenas use. ANd 4 2tb wd purples. Haven't got it running yet though. Sitting on a test bench next to me. 

I was very much considering the G3258, it seems like it overclocks well but I was concerned about the lack of hyperthreading. Of course this may be a baseless concern, but then that would suggest I should find an i3.

I was very much considering the G3258, it seems like it overclocks well but I was concerned about the lack of hyperthreading. Of course this may be a baseless concern, but then that would suggest I should find an i3.cp

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HJtDvK

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Any particular reason you threw a video card in there?

Becuase I had it laying around. Thats it. Doont need it but rather have it in use not sitting on my desk.