Mic suddenly stopped working but only in skype UPDATE

The DongFather

So I have now found that my mic is working in skype again, however, it is very very quiet and no matter what I cannot make it louder. It is quiet to the point where I can juussst hear myself but not what i am saying, it doesnt even register on skype that i am actually talking. Boosting it past 20db makes it all static and my voice cant be heard and in skype itself the volume is turned all the way up. If this problem isn't fixed soon i think i might kill myself. please for the love of god, someone help me.

So I have now found that my mic is working in skype again, however, it is very very quiet and no matter what I cannot make it louder. It is quiet to the point where I can juussst hear myself but not what i am saying, it doesnt even register on skype that i am actually talking. Boosting it past 20db makes it all static and my voice cant be heard and in skype itself the volume is turned all the way up. If this problem isn't fixed soon i think i might kill myself. please for the love of god, someone help me.

which mic are you using?

If you're formally an engineer, avoid responsibility. That's what senior engineers get paid for.

the mic from this headset, cable tied to my new headphones and plugged in to my computer via long arse 3.5mm cable. It has worked fine for the past 6 months

Checked your Windows sound settings?

I've never used Skype before, so my help will be limited.

It's not a race to the bottom.

thats a noise cancelling microphone, this may be a REALLY dumb idea (once again), but have you tried rotating it around?

thats a noise cancelling microphone, this may be a REALLY dumb idea (once again), but have you tried rotating it around?

yeah, i've tried both sides of it