XBMC on a Netbook?

The netbook in question: Packard Bell Dot S

The specs: 10.1" 1024x600 display, 1.66GHz Intel Atom N450, 1GB RAM, 250GB disk, Windows 7 Starter 32-bit.

After years of advice telling my grandma to get a new laptop, she just recently bought one. I've fixed it up for her, installed MS Office, removed bloatware, transferred all her files from her old computer. Now I'm left with this Packard Bell Dot S notebook that has a 10.1" 1024x600 display, 1.66GHz Intel Atom N450, 1GB RAM, 250GB disk, Windows 7 Starter 32-bit. I have no use for it in it's current form, but since I know that a Raspberry Pi can run XBMC, I figure that a more powerful intel-based machine should be able to do so too?

Thanks in advance!

-Zonus

EDIT: By this I mean a downloadable lightweight android/linux based stand-alone version.
Either this or installing Android and use it with a touchpad and keyboard for navigation... Then install the android app.

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Do you want to keep windows or do you want to install kodibuntu?

Kodibuntu is more lightweight and will likely run better.

Spoiler

CPU:FX 8350 4.4 ghz (Upgrading to a 6700k!).Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R 2.0 (Upgrading to a Z170 Pro4!).GPU: Sapphire R9 290 (Arctic Cooler).RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3 (Upgrading to 16gb ddr4 2400mhz!) PSU: Cooler Master B700. HDD: 120gb Hyper X Fury SSD, 500gb 5400rpm Caviar Blue Cooling: Hyper 212 (Switiching out with a Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim for new build) 2x stock case fans.
Future Upgrades: h100i cooler, corsair sp120 fans, 1080p monitor, AMD->Intel CPU Switch

Do you want to keep windows or do you want to install kodibuntu?

Kodibuntu is more lightweight and will likely run better.

I'm planning to get rid of windows as fast as possible.

I've considered Kodibuntu, but I've been trying to see what android roms might be installable and usable on it, since Android is ever more lightweight, and the Netflix app would be very convenient. 

Are there any of those at all?

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain