Snake oil, or legit alternative to my memory problem?

I plan on adding a 750ti to my old inspiron 560. Once this is done, I'll then attempt pulling parts from my laptop inorder to max out the prebuilt. At first I was only taking the 500gb HDD, but after finding this, I might want to consider grabbing the two 4gb ram modules to.

The reviews for this adapter seem ok, but I worry that this is some form of snake oil that fails in practice.

link: http://www.amazon.com/Laptop-Desktop-Memory-Adapter-Connector/dp/B009N7XX4Q

What do you guys think?  :ph34r:

Just don't..not even the 750Ti.

I understand the ram, but the 750ti has a low enough power consumption to work with my desktop :S

I'm thinking if the adapter were to work, it would bottleneck the ram performance. Does this seem about right?

The CPU in that prebuilt is so awful that you probably won't be pushing the 750 Ti hard enough to game half-decently.

The CPU in that prebuilt is so awful that you probably won't be pushing the 750 Ti hard enough to game half-decently.

:( It's either the 750ti or the 550ti. Both are the same price, so I'd rather buy the 750ti, then upgrade the cpu later. 

:( It's either the 750ti or the 550ti. Both are the same price, so I'd rather buy the 750ti, then upgrade the cpu later. 

Okay, go for it if you can't afford a new system right now.