Random but more common BSODs

So in the past 5 days ive been having more and more frequent BSODs. i built this system December 20th and my first BSOD was around mid February. Now ive had 2 BSODs in <a week. i initially thought it was my CPU OC (back in February) but since that was the only time till now i didnt think too much of it. Now it happened while i was trying to upload a pic to Imgur while listening to Spotify. (the upload to imgur failed a few times but im not sure if thats my PC or just Imgur servers). Any ideas on how to trouble shoot or is it just safe to assume the CPU OC became unstable?

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

okay.... usually people respond immediatly in this thread, so uhh bump?

600th post yaaaaaaaaaay

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

Remove any OC, do some heavy multitasking and see if it happens.

Return everything to stock, then slowly add each change back (XMP ram, CPU overclock, gpu oc, etc) one by one.

Make sure you leave a bit of time between each change back, and use your PC as normal. When you get the blue screens back it'll be the last change that is likely the culprit.

Also check the seating of the CPU/ram/cooler/gpu and any sata/power connectors, just incase something got knocked loose.

Return everything to stock, then slowly add each change back (XMP ram, CPU overclock, gpu oc, etc) one by one.

Make sure you leave a bit of time between each change back, and use your PC as normal. When you get the blue screens back it'll be the last change that is likely the culprit.

Also check the seating of the CPU/ram/cooler/gpu and any sata/power connectors, just incase something got knocked loose.

i was thinking that if it was a stability issue the problem woulda shown up a bit earlier no? i did test the OC enough to ensure it was stable but im just really confused.

ill unplug and re-plug everycable i guess

I would tend to agree with you, however without specific error messages it can be really tough to track down individually.

When my build was having issues I knew it was the CPU overheating because it would run fine at stock but as soon as it turbod up, the temps rocketed and caused the PC to restart itself.

Have you checked temps? It is possible the pump has failed on your CPU, although unlikely.

So in the past 5 days ive been having more and more frequent BSODs. i built this system December 20th and my first BSOD was around mid February. Now ive had 2 BSODs in <a week. i initially thought it was my CPU OC (back in February) but since that was the only time till now i didnt think too much of it. Now it happened while i was trying to upload a pic to Imgur while listening to Spotify. (the upload to imgur failed a few times but im not sure if thats my PC or just Imgur servers). Any ideas on how to trouble shoot or is it just safe to assume the CPU OC became unstable?

Was the overclock on manual or adaptive voltage mode?

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W