How to get to the bios on Lenovo X131e

Hello, i was wondering how to get into the bios on my Lenovo X131e chromebook becuse i want to install linux on it but there isnt anything that tells me how to get into it

usually there is a boot screen that shows up, but its a chromtebook so... possibilities are F2 and delete?? sorry i don't do chrome and neither do 97% of the user based here lol

It could be like a mac where the user can't access it like normal.

@StarPaladinVinyl 

terribly sorry it appears its slightly different to normal Chromebooks:

Entering

On this device, both the recovery button and the dev-switch have been virtualized. Our partners don't really like physical switches - they cost money, take up space on the motherboard, and require holes in the case.

This device has unique requirements for entering recovery mode!

You must first remove all power from the system, both the battery and the AC plug. Then when power is re-applied you have 20 seconds to enter recovery mode with the ESC+Refresh+Power button sequence.

In this system the removal of power sources will force the Embedded Controller to restart and stay in read-only code to ensure the recovery mode is secure.

To invoke Recovery mode, you hold down the ESC and Refresh (F3) keys and poke the Power button.

To enter Dev-mode you first invoke Recovery, and at the Recovery screen press Ctrl-D (there's no prompt - you have to know to do it). It will ask you to confirm, then reboot into dev-mode.

Dev-mode works the same as always: It will show the scary boot screen and you need to press Ctrl-D or wait 30 seconds to continue booting.

Thanks gonna try it out

It worked but i have a question, can i install Chrome OS on it again

Thx for the help

• 2 months later...

Hi, have a similar problem with Lenovo X131e. Pls. find the screenshot attached.

How to enter the "developer mode", so that I can try to install Windows 8.1?

I cannot find anywhere the correct keystroke, always ESC + F3 + Power, BUT where to find the F3?? Which buttons to press??

Any help in this forum? Thanks.

post-247369-0-75363400-1437827836_thumb.

@go4java

F3 would be the button that looks like refresh

Entering

On this device, both the recovery button and the dev-switch have been virtualized. Our partners don't really like physical switches - they cost money, take up space on the motherboard, and require holes in the case.

This device has unique requirements for entering recovery mode!

You must first remove all power from the system, both the battery and the AC plug. Then when power is re-applied you have 20 seconds to enter recovery mode with the ESC+Refresh+Power button sequence.

In this system the removal of power sources will force the Embedded Controller to restart and stay in read-only code to ensure the recovery mode is secure.

To invoke Recovery mode, you hold down the ESC and Refresh (F3) keys and poke the Power button.

To enter Dev-mode you first invoke Recovery, and at the Recovery screen press Ctrl-D (there's no prompt - you have to know to do it). It will ask you to confirm, then reboot into dev-mode.

Dev-mode works the same as always: It will show the scary boot screen and you need to press Ctrl-D or wait 30 seconds to continue booting.

https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/developer-information-for-chrome-os-devices/lenovo-thinkpad-x131e-chromebook