Good Replacement Fan for Case

OilianEiax33

Hello, I was gonna get a Obsidian Series® 450D Mid-Tower PC Case for my system build, and someone told me the fan in the case suck. I was wondering if there are any fans i should get to replace the pre-installed ones. I don't OverClock and only play games like CS: Go and Team Fortress 2, any answer is appreciated!

My PC Specs (Just In "Case" {LOL})

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 550 GS 80 Plus Gold Rated, Fully Modular ATX 12V/EPS 12V ECO Mode Power Supply 220-GS-0550-V1

MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7

GFX: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0

RAM:  G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2600 (PC3 20800) Desktop Memory Model F3-2600C10D-8GTXD

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-4690K Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz

DVD Drive: LiteOn 24x Internal SATA DVD RW Drive [iHAS124-14]

HDD: Kingston Digital HyperX FURY 120GB SSD SATA 3 2.5 Solid State Drive with Adapter (SHFS37A/120G)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120mm PWM Fan (RR-212E-20PK-R2)

Noctuas are nice and quiet, their look is very subjective though. 

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I like cougar vortex or be quiet if you want really quiet fans. 4 pack of cheap cougar fans for around 30 usd i use and can recommend over most stock 3 pin fans. What price range did you have in mind or shopping site.

i was thinking no more than 50$ for the case fans, so 4 fans would be enough to replace the fans in the case?

i was thinking no more than 50$ for the case fans, so 4 fans would be enough to replace the fans in the case?

4 fans for 50 is hard to do unless you get the 4 pack above, for 4 pin fans 2 be quiet fan to replace the loudest fans would help. Temps probably won't drop dramatically with any fans you go with 2-5c at most.

I plan on getting this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553002&cm_re=120mm_case_fan-_-35-553-002-_-Product

looks nice and runs well from what i have heard

CPU: AMD FX 8320  CPU Cooler: 212 Evo GPU: Asus GTX 750 Ti @ 1400MHz RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4gb) MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0 Power Supply: Evga G2 650 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB, San Disk Ultra 240 GB SSD Case: Corsair 230t Orange

What kind of dollars are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What if i were to remove the 50$ (USD) limit and i wanted to replace all the fans and in put fans into all slots, would the temps decrease a lot?

Top: 3x 120mm or 2x 140mm

Front: Already comes preinstalled with 2x 140mm

Rear: 1x 120mm preinstalled

Bottom: 1x 120mm

Should i go for the 140mm or the 120mm fans, and what fans should i use if i were to replace and fill all fan slot with fans and wherever 140mm fans could be used and filled all slots, should i still get Cougar Vortex or the Corsair Air Series AF140?

• 2 weeks later...

What if i were to remove the 50$ (USD) limit and i wanted to replace all the fans and in put fans into all slots, would the temps decrease a lot?

Top: 3x 120mm or 2x 140mm

Front: Already comes preinstalled with 2x 140mm

Rear: 1x 120mm preinstalled

Bottom: 1x 120mm

Should i go for the 140mm or the 120mm fans, and what fans should i use if i were to replace and fill all fan slot with fans and wherever 140mm fans could be used and filled all slots, should i still get Cougar Vortex or the Corsair Air Series AF140?

No, it'd be better to get better fans instead of more--at least for the noise.

If noise wasn't an issue, you might as well stick with the stock fans and run them at 100%. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.