Mobo question

Cgermino89

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/cgermino89/saved/kTW7YJ

Hey guys. So I posted a link to my build above, but I have a question about the motherboard. I don't know if I should invest in a better mobo, or is the one in my build reliable? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, the motherboard I chose a good motherboard for future upgrades? I would love to hear any suggestions, and advice. Thank you for your time.

It should be a decent board in most cases but keep in mind that it does not support SLI/Crossfire. If you don't plan on going that route it will be okay.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

It should be a decent board in most cases but keep in mind that it does not support SLI/Crossfire. If you don't plan on going that route it will be okay.

SLI/Crossfire is for multiple graphics cards right? If that's the case, then I'll be fine on that.

SLI/Crossfire is for multiple graphics cards right? If that's the case, then I'll be fine on that.

If you don't ever want more than 1 GPU, then get an mATX or mITX system. No point it being huge if it doesn't need to be.

If you don't ever want more than 1 GPU, then get an mATX or mITX system. No point it being huge if it doesn't need to be.

Okay. Never thought of that. This is gonna be my first time build, and me and my sister are just trying to do it right with our given budget.

This is great advice. For a first build, going small seems more tricky but microATX is still very easy to work with and gives you the choice of getting a smaller, more compact case for your build. Drop down to mITX and thing start to get a bit more tricky in terms of compatibility. 

However, I just realized you already purchased the case in your part list so it might not make a difference at this point. 

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

This is great advice. For a first build, going small seems more tricky but microATX is still very easy to work with and gives you the choice of getting a smaller, more compact case for your build. Drop down to mITX and thing start to get a bit more tricky in terms of compatibility. 

However, I just realized you already purchased the case in your part list so it might not make a difference at this point.

At least the case I purchased supports either atx, Matx or mitx boards.

At least the case I purchased supports either atx, Matx or mitx boards.

Yea but unless you plan on going to a smaller case later, I would just go for the biggest motherboard you can fit in. Doesn't ultimately matter.