My monitor is giving me headaches - Looking for something new

atoff

So, I finished building my PC, and I've just been using my old monitor, a 24" Dell (http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/dell-p2411h/pd), but it's giving me really bad headaches, to the point where I feel nauseous.  I'm not even gaming just yet, I've just been editing some css.   I already have f.lux installed, and that hasn't helped.  I think it's just the monitor itself, so I'm just going to have to get a new one. 

Does anyone know if there are certain specs I should try to find that won't cause this?   I don't have as much of a problem with my laptop screen, and it's pretty similar in specs.  60hz, 1080p.  The laptop screen has anti-glare glossy screen, whereas the monitor has a matte screen.

Anyway, thanks for any help.  

f.lux makes your screen look like poo. Get gunner optics they work great for me when I'm at work or gaming.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Try messing with the refresh rate or resolution.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.3 GHz       GPU: MSI GTX 980                      Cooling: be quiet! Pure Rock                     OS: Windows 7            Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z

Motherboard: AsRock Z97 PRO4   PSU: Corsair 600W CX600M       Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate   SSD: Intel 120GB 520   Headset: HyperX Cloud II

RAM: 12GB Crucial Ballistix            Case: Corsair 750D                       Mouse: Logitech G502                         HDD: Seagate 1TB        Speakers: Audioengine A5+

f.lux makes your screen look like poo. Get gunner optics they work great for me when I'm at work or gaming.

It really does.  Well, I bought a pair of glasses similar to Gunner's, and they didn't do anything for me, but add a yellow tint to everything.  Does your pair have clear lenses?

Try messing with the refresh rate or resolution.

Resolution is 1080p, can't really do much there, as well as refresh rate, 60hz.  Changing those two would make a mess of my screen. 

Blue light is harmful to your eyes and is a cause of fatigue.

LG monitors has a "Reader Mode" which lowers the amount of blue. I used to get daily headaches at work, but since I switched to a LG monitor I haven't had any problems since. See if your monitor offers a similar mode.

It really does.  Well, I bought a pair of glasses similar to Gunner's, and they didn't do anything for me, but add a yellow tint to everything.  Does your pair have clear lenses?

Resolution is 1080p, can't really do much there, as well as refresh rate, 60hz.  Changing those two would make a mess of my screen. 

Mine is more of a brown and it does change the color but you get used to it. Here's the video that made me buy them 

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Blue light is harmful to your eyes and is a cause of fatigue.

LG monitors has a "Reader Mode" which lowers the amount of blue. I used to get daily headaches at work, but since I switched to a LG monitor I haven't had any problems since. See if your monitor offers a similar mode.

Interesting, I'll have to take a look into that.  I was looking at getting a 144hz monitor, so I'll have to see if they have anything to offer.  Thanks.

Mine is more of a brown and it does change the color but you get used to it. Here's the video that made me buy them 

They're so expensive for what they are, but with that review, I think I'll have to give them a try.  I mean, really, I don't mind paying 5x the amount if it'll fix my problem... but I'm very skeptical.  I think they at least have a pretty decent return policy.  So, thanks, I'll give it a shot. :)