Hard time deciding which to get.

Mitchell yeah

Not based on brand but based on personal experiences which would you suggest BenQ GW2765HT or Asus PB278Q.  Mainly for web browsing with a good bit of gaming, and i'm definitely having a hard time deciding.

well. the only huge difference is that the Asus has a much higher contrast range. both have a refresh of 75Hz. and response times are 1ms off.

i'd say Asus if you want to see images with tons of contrast, but Benq if you want more than 1 for gaming.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I'd say the Asus. You will probably enjoy the experience more out of it. Many people use it to game but its the best all around monitor out there. It is also pre-calibrated out of the box.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

The asus has pwm backlight dimming, and its gonna flicker unless you drive it at full brightness. It also has some ghosting. I'd get the benq

Edit : the flicker is unpercievable but your eyes get tired more

I'd say the Asus. You will probably enjoy the experience more out of it. Many people use it to game but its the best all around monitor out there. It is also pre-calibrated out of the box.

That's not even close to true. Check this http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/15027-best-27-2560x1440p-monitors-ahva-ips-pls.html#post1219700