Nikon D5200 Worth It?

It's actually not even though it seems weird... Body only is more expensive than body+kit lens on amazon for some reason, and the body only from Portuguese retailers is the same price as the body+kit lens on amazon, so I'd rather get the kit lens that's a zoom and get a prime later, I still haven't decided which focal length to go for, not sure if I should get a 50mm or go with the slightly more convenient 35mm. 

thats odd, any ways what are you planning to take pictures of, maybe I can help you choose, I'm quite familar with nikon and third party F mount lens

thats odd, any ways what are you planning to take pictures of, maybe I can help you choose, I'm quite familar with nikon and third party F mount lens

Some landscapes, a little bit of portraits when some family event happens or something like that, not much street photography though, and again, some video, maybe stupid little sketches and stuff like that, mostly whole body scenes, maybe some close-ups.

i'm a potato

With the 18mm-55mm kit lens.

The D5300 is €595 which is more than I'd like to spend.

the D5300 has a sharper sensor and will draw noticeably more detail with most lenses.

it also has GPS, and also records FHD @ 60fps (think about it bro, extra 100 bucks for double the FPS)

Personally I'd spring for the 5300 or try to get it used. 

Also if you can don't get it with the 18-55, it's made from poop.

instead get a prime. the 40mm f2.8 for instance is one of the sharpest lens for under 1000 and it's only $250 here in Canada. 

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

the D5300 has a sharper sensor and will draw noticeably more detail with most lenses.

it also has GPS, and also records FHD @ 60fps (think about it bro, extra 100 bucks for double the FPS)

Personally I'd spring for the 5300 or try to get it used. 

Also if you can don't get it with the 18-55, it's made from poop.

instead get a prime. the 40mm f2.8 for instance is one of the sharpest lens for under 1000 and it's only $250 here in Canada. 

That would be a better setup but also quite a bit more expensive, it would be around €800 and I just can't afford spending that much money.

i'm a potato

I think you should go look into buying some tamron lens, when you got the budget to buy lens. they are usually cheaper and large zoom focal

I think you should go look into buying some tamron lens, when you got the budget to buy lens. they are usually cheaper and large zoom focal

Something like the 18 to 270? A friend of mine who has a D90 has one, I could try and see if she would let me try it out when I get the camera.

i'm a potato

Something like the 18 to 270? A friend of mine who has a D90 has one, I could try and see if she would let me try it out when I get the camera.

nah, that lens is handy as a one lens wonder, but the aperture is so bad, I was thinking more like Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di LD aspherical IF SP AF 

or maybe a 28-70 f2.8 EX DG macro. These are just very brief search for lens around $400 USD, that are large aperture, and has the basic focal lengths

nah, that lens is handy as a one lens wonder, but the aperture is so bad, I was thinking more like Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di LD aspherical IF SP AF 

or maybe a 28-70 f2.8 EX DG macro. These are just very brief search for lens around $400 USD, that are large aperture, and has the basic focal lengths

The 24-70 is €819 though. The 28-75 is a bit cheaper though, comes in at €380, still going to be hard to get but easier than the 24-70. I will look more into this tomorrow, I really need to go to bed now. Good night and thanks for you help, really appreciated! :)

i'm a potato

The 24-70 is €819 though. The 28-75 is a bit cheaper though, comes in at €380, still going to be hard to get but easier than the 24-70. I will look more into this tomorrow, I really need to go to bed now. Good night and thanks for you help, really appreciated! :)

sorry it was:

Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di LD aspherical IF SP AF

or Sigma 28-70 f2.8 EX DG macro

they both should be decently cheap especially used

sorry it was:

Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di LD aspherical IF SP AF

or Sigma 28-70 f2.8 EX DG macro

they both should be decently cheap especially used

Dafuq? I can't find any Sigma 28mm-70mm on retailers. I know it exists since if I Google it it comes up but I can't find it on Amazon or Portuguese retailers. I am on my phone atm so when I can use my computer I will look into it more.

i'm a potato

Dafuq? I can't find any Sigma 28mm-70mm on retailers. I know it exists since if I Google it it comes up but I can't find it on Amazon or Portuguese retailers. I am on my phone atm so when I can use my computer I will look into it more.

there's more choices, look into it, when you are ready to buy lens just start a new topic or something.

there's more choices, look into it, when you are ready to buy lens just start a new topic or something.

That's probably the better thing to do.

i'm a potato