Glidecam help?

I recently bought a Glidecam HD 1000 for my nikon D5100 and I believe i got the veritcal balance right but the horizontal balance seems slightly off. it sways just a little bit left and right if i move it left and right. Forward and back seem perfectly fine tho. Ive tweak the side plate ever so slightly but I cant seem to get it perfect. Any tips?

I recently bought a Glidecam HD 1000 for my nikon D1000 and I believe i got the veritcal balance right but the horizontal balance seems slightly off. it sways just a little bit left and right if i move it left and right. Forward and back seem perfectly fine tho. Ive tweak the side plate ever so slightly but I cant seem to get it perfect. Any tips?

It is just trying to move it small amount as possible. Took me a while the first time I did mine.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a Glidecam HD 1000 for my nikon D1000 and I believe i got the veritcal balance right but the horizontal balance seems slightly off. it sways just a little bit left and right if i move it left and right. Forward and back seem perfectly fine tho. Ive tweak the side plate ever so slightly but I cant seem to get it perfect. Any tips?

Hold on a second. Nikon has a D1000? It was once rumoured, but I don't think it ever got released, either you got a prototype camera, or you typed the wrong name it could be a Canon1000D you are talking about, but that Canon doesn't have video capabilities, unless you used the third party and recorded direct to the computer.

Hold on a second. Nikon has a D1000? It was once rumoured, but I don't think it ever got released, either you got a prototype camera, or you typed the wrong name it could be a Canon1000D you are talking about, but that Canon doesn't have video capabilities, unless you used the third party and recorded direct to the computer.

my bad i meant 5100