Jigahurtz matter?

I am curious since I just started mining ZiftrCoins and I was curious if gigahertz matter, whether or not I can use my discrete graphics card in my laptop, and if the number of cores/threads matter at all. Thanks :) any other useful tips are welcome

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pzKFqs

Undecided on GPU

Yes it does, but if you're mining in a pool it matters more. 

You're rewarded with crytocurrency as you solve an algorithm, the higher the hash rate the more power you have to solve the algorithm. 

There is however only one solution and you'll only find it by sheer luck, but the higher the hash rate the bigger the chance. 

So you can be mining for years without finding anything and the next week you can solve it twice.

If you're in a pool however you'll be mining with many other people resulting in more computing power and thus higher chances of solving the algorithm.

If the pool solves the problem everyone gets a share of the found crytocurrency according to their computing power. 

Yes it does, but if you're mining in a pool it matters more. 

You're rewarded with crytocurrency as you solve an algorithm, the higher the hash rate the more power you have to solve the algorithm. 

There is however only one solution and you'll only find it by sheer luck, but the higher the hash rate the bigger the chance. 

So you can be mining for years without finding anything and the next week you can solve it twice.

If you're in a pool however you'll be mining with many other people resulting in more computing power and thus higher chances of solving the algorithm.

If the pool solves the problem everyone gets a share of the found crytocurrency according to their computing power.

Thanks for the plug

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pzKFqs

Undecided on GPU