CPU Core Weird High Temperature

Go to solution Solved by Octavialicious,

Downloaded and checked.

Display Drivers Crashed and Recovered each time I Ran it but it did display numbers that sounded much better. IE: 23 C and 27 C idle.

Awesome! Enjoy the CPU :)

but ya, the program is weird. It can crash sometimes

Hi there,

Some of my CPU cores are getting scary high temperatures on the monitor and I'm not sure if the Monitor is crazy or if did something horribly wrong.

CPU: i7 5930K
Mobo: Asus Rampage V Extreme
CPU Cooler: Nepton 240M in Push/Pull.

If you need more just tell me but I hope this is an open and shut "case" (Ha, Linus pun. No? Okay :(  )

Not sure how to add "Spoilers" to collapse picture but:

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Longbow

post-152471-0-53887800-1422415570.png

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

Try reseating the cooler

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Try reseating the cooler

Just off and back on? Should I reapply Thermal Compound?

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore
CPU: Intel i7 5930K | Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid | 

Just off and back on? Should I reapply Thermal Compound?

ya. if you do it quickly, you shouldn't need to. Just when you reseat it, make sure there is good thermal paste coverage.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

ya. if you do it quickly, you shouldn't need to. Just when you reseat it, make sure there is good thermal paste coverage.

Just did. Temperatures look about the same :/

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

Just did. Temperatures look about the same :/

hm, are you sure it's tightened enough? it may not be touching the CPU all the way. Also, I guess you should try reapplying thermal paste as well. What method are you using for the thermal paste?

hm, are you sure it's tightened enough? it may not be touching the CPU all the way. Also, I guess you should try reapplying thermal paste as well. What method are you using for the thermal paste?

Got the screws on as tight as they would let me.

I reapplied thermal paste as well when I did. I have been using the small dot in the center.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

Got the screws on as tight as they would let me.

I reapplied thermal paste as well when I did. I have been using the small dot in the center.

this is pretty odd. Have you tried using another temp monitor? this one might be derping

this is pretty odd. Have you tried using another temp monitor? this one might be derping

Yeah I'm weirded out myself.

I have not.

I did notice that looks like it might be the motherboard, I scrolled down further on that monitor and I found one that said my Processor Model above it along with temperatures not more than 40 C.

EDIT: I googled the item which those temperatures were listed under. Apparently that is a thing with at least a couple of the Asus motherboards using it. (I am not COMPLETELY Tech Literate) But the item was called Nuvoton NCT6791D.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

Yeah I'm weirded out myself.

I have not.

I did notice that looks like it might be the motherboard, I scrolled down further on that monitor and I found one that said my Processor Model above it along with temperatures not more than 40 C.

EDIT: I googled the item which those temperatures were listed under. Apparently that is a thing with at least a couple of the Asus motherboards using it. (I am not COMPLETELY Tech Literate) But the item was called Nuvoton NCT6791D.

ya, not sure. To be certain, download core temp and check what it says; it's always really accurate :)

ya, not sure. To be certain, download core temp and check what it says; it's always really accurate :)

Downloaded and checked.

Display Drivers Crashed and Recovered each time I Ran it but it did display numbers that sounded much better. IE: 23 C and 27 C idle.

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

Downloaded and checked.

I appreciate the help! COOKIES TO YOU!

X99 WhoKnowsAnymore

I appreciate the help! COOKIES TO YOU!

No problem! Thanks for the cookies ;)