SSD and Windows question

Hey there,

I have a few questions about windows and SSD's 

Right now I'm running windows on a HDD and I have all my games on my SSD (For performance and storage)

Recently my HDD has been running quite sluggish and takes about 50-60 seconds for my computer to boot to my desktop.

(But takes longer for it to be at it's full computing capability)

I'm wondering if it's worth putting my windows on the SSD with my games to increase boot time and windows in general, here is some benchmarks of the 2 drives...

HDD:

post-183819-0-53759600-1422370488_thumb.

SSD:

post-183819-0-09545600-1422370547_thumb.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,

-Keelan

Stick your windows on the SSD, don't clone it either, do a fresh install. Put your games on your HDD, however your most played games or most used applications should go on the SSD. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Stick your windows on the SSD, don't clone it either, do a fresh install. Put your games on your HDD, however your most played games or most used applications should go on the SSD. 

Sounds like a little bit of a pain, should I just buy a new ssd for windows?

Sounds like a little bit of a pain, should I just buy a new ssd for windows?

If you have the cash I see how this can be easier for you, however I don't think it's that big of a pain. Just format the SSD -> install windows on it -> let your steam library download on the HDD overnight. If you play games such as LoL, which need to load very often then you might put them on the SSD.

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900 

If you have the cash I see how this can be easier for you, however I don't think it's that big of a pain. Just format the SSD -> install windows on it -> let your steam library download on the HDD overnight. If you play games such as LoL, which need to load very often then you might put them on the SSD.

Yeah I could do it but I'm worried about performance of games if I put them on my HDD :/

Honestly most of the time you won't notice the difference, Steam and programs will load and run much faster, but games don't really benefit THATTT much from running on an SSD in my opinion, yes you might save a second here, second there, but it's so much more worth it having windows on the SSD.

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520

Yeah I could do it but I'm worried about performance of games if I put them on my HDD :/

you won't be losing a lot of performance by putting them on the hdd...maybe a few more seconds while it loads, but putting windows on the ssd will change your life forever!

you won't be losing a lot of performance by putting them on the hdd...maybe a few more seconds while it loads, but putting windows on the ssd will change your life forever!

It's happening! For some reason I got a bit of hype going on haha!

It's happening! For some reason I got a bit of hype going on haha!

Yay!

The PC which I use at work was my first experience with an SSD. That + the i7-2600 made for an experience which I've never had before.

Everything was so snappy and responsive that I just couldn't live without an SSD in my home PC so I bought one -> never doing a build without an SSD again!

CPU: Ryzen 3 3600 | GPU: Gigabite GTX 1660 super | Motherboard: MSI Mortar MAX | RAM: G Skill Trident Z 3200 (2x8GB) | Case: Cooler Master Q300L | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 250G + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Displays: LG 27'' G-Sync compatible 144hz 1080p | Cooling: NH U12S black | Keyboard: Logitech G512 carbon | Mouse: Logitech g900