Tritton 720+ - Digital Audio doesn't work on MSI G45-Z87 Gaming MoBo

Hello everyone,

So, about a year and a month ago I bought my Tritton 720+ headset, I bought it so I could use it for both PC and consol gaming, and it has surround sound. 

Now, I can hook it up to "Decoder Box with Dolby Digital Technology" that was included, and that then hooks up to my PC with a USB cable, the problem is, I don't get surround sound (I do though when hooking it up with the optical cable to my consol).

So to fix this, they included a short cable, with 2 audio jacks and a USB cable (for power). The Surround now works, but the noice cancellation doesn't seem to work properly on the mic.

For example, today my dad was downstairs, and he shouted something to my brother, not too loud, I couldn't even hear it, though my friend somehow could. Also, sometimes when I'm say something to my friends, they can't even hear me.

I know it's a vague problem, now I would like to ask, would there be a way to get the surround working with USB and the encoder box? Or is there a way to get my mic working properly again with the Audio cables? 

Sorry if this is not the right Forum to post it on, any help would be appreciated though.

- Matthijs

(Link to manufacturer website: http://www.trittonaudio.com/720plus)

My PC:

Processor: Intel core i5 4670k @4,4Ghz

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD7950 3GB OC - Sapphire

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

Memory/Ram: 8gb @2400Mhz

Storage: 2x Kingston SSDNow V300 (RAID zero), 500Gb WD Blue 7200rpm and Lacie external 2Tb HDD 5900rpm

PSU: Corsair 600W Bronze

Optical drive: simple samsung thingie

Cooling: 5x fans, processor: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

Tech & Cars.

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” - Albert Einstein

Youtube - Facebook - Twitter

I have the same headset, but have never used it on pc with surround sound. When you're using the USB + green and pink jack cables you don't get surround sound, but only stereo sound. To get surround sound on pc you need to connect the optical cable to an Optical / SPDIF out port (the little green one next to your DVI port, image: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/186948/2/msi_z87g45_gaming.jpg) basically like you would do on your console.  Now, I don't know what's up with the mic not working properly, but you could try and mess around with settings in skype or something, I guess (assuming that's what you use). I am not sure I was able to help at all, but yeah...

i've got a tritton ax180 myself, and i'm not too fond of the usb-thing that comes with it, i actually have the usb plugged into my wii (2x 3.5mm jack goes to my pc for sound and microphone) to avoid massive static when gaming.

i hope they make their high-end headphones a tad better, since i'm pretty much considering ditching the usb thing for something better.

I have the same headset, but have never used it on pc with surround sound. When you're using the USB + green and pink jack cables you don't get surround sound, but only stereo sound. To get surround sound on pc you need to connect the optical cable to an Optical / SPDIF out port (the little green one next to your DVI port, image: http://content.hwigr...7g45_gaming.jpg) basically like you would do on your console.  Now, I don't know what's up with the mic not working properly, but you could try and mess around with settings in skype or something, I guess (assuming that's what you use). I am not sure I was able to help at all, but yeah...

Thanks mate. I will try that, I remember I tried it once and it didn't work. Maybe I did something wrong, I'll tell you later.

Thenks for halp m7, I ffrom holand her we sai "Geluid". 

i've got a tritton ax180 myself, and i'm not too fond of the usb-thing that comes with it, i actually have the usb plugged into my wii (2x 3.5mm jack goes to my pc for sound and microphone) to avoid massive static when gaming.

i hope they make their high-end headphones a tad better, since i'm pretty much considering ditching the usb thing for something better.

Yeah, I'm kinda dissapointed by them. Right now I hear a lot of static noise coming from them, also the build quality isn't the best, there are cracks in the head band, or whatever you call them. I wonder why so many people use them..

Tech & Cars.

“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, I'm kinda dissapointed by them. Right now I hear a lot of static noise coming from them, also the build quality isn't the best, there are cracks in the head band, or whatever you call them. I wonder why so many people use them..

i use mine because they're DAMN comfortable for me (i need air around my ears to not get irritated ear canals) they're *just* tight enough, and my only headset that hasnt fallen apart yet. 

i've been thinking of buying something with big, soft pads, and some high-end usb thing.

i use mine because they're DAMN comfortable for me (i need air around my ears to not get irritated ear canals) they're *just* tight enough, and my only headset that hasnt fallen apart yet. 

i've been thinking of buying something with big, soft pads, and some high-end usb thing.

Well yeah, they're quite comfortable. They look quite good, but the build quality is pretty shit if you ask me, also the static noise when not doing anything is pretty bad..

Tech & Cars.

Well yeah, they're quite comfortable. They look quite good, but the build quality is pretty shit if you ask me, also the static noise when not doing anything is pretty bad..

i solved the static on mine a few hours ago by completely getting rid of the usb powered box, and plugging straight into my pc without intermediate steps.

from pictures your headphones seem to have the same (proprietary-ish) connector on their cable. i got two 5-meter standard audio cables with a thin connector, and they fit snugly onto the two audio plugs in the proprietary connector. (the two plugs are 3.5mm audio jacks, one audio, one microphone)

its not pretty, but it works.

i solved the static on mine a few hours ago by completely getting rid of the usb powered box, and plugging straight into my pc without intermediate steps.

from pictures your headphones seem to have the same (proprietary-ish) connector on their cable. i got two 5-meter standard audio cables with a thin connector, and they fit snugly onto the two audio plugs in the proprietary connector. (the two plugs are 3.5mm audio jacks, one audio, one microphone)

its not pretty, but it works.

Ah alright. I don't think I'll do that though. 

I have the same headset, but have never used it on pc with surround sound. When you're using the USB + green and pink jack cables you don't get surround sound, but only stereo sound. To get surround sound on pc you need to connect the optical cable to an Optical / SPDIF out port (the little green one next to your DVI port, image: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/186948/2/msi_z87g45_gaming.jpg) basically like you would do on your console.  Now, I don't know what's up with the mic not working properly, but you could try and mess around with settings in skype or something, I guess (assuming that's what you use). I am not sure I was able to help at all, but yeah...

I now connected my Box with the Optical out port. The problem now is, I can't change any settings in realtek audio (There's no sound coming from the headset either). Also, another problem is that the box needs a power supply. I used another 5V/1A USB adapter, which didn't change anything, except that the box lighted up. 

f440517045.jpg

As you can see from this image, it does say that there's an optical cable connected.

2ee128c39d.png

Here you can see that I also selected it as the Standard audio device (or whatever the translation is). Still no sound  :(

Tech & Cars.

Ah alright. I don't think I'll do that though. 

I now connected my Box with the Optical out port. The problem now is, I can't change any settings in realtek audio (There's no sound coming from the headset either). Also, another problem is that the box needs a power supply. I used another 5V/1A USB adapter, which didn't change anything, except that the box lighted up. 

pic

As you can see from this image, it does say that there's an optical cable connected.

pic

Here you can see that I also selected it as the Standard audio device (or whatever the translation is). Still no sound  :(

I tried connecting the white box to my laptop using the USB cable and then just connecting the headset to the white box with the proprietary cable (meaning NOT the USB+green/pink jack cable). This gives me stereo sound and the mic works as it should. I can't connect the optical cable, because my laptop does not have an optical port, so that's why there's no surround sound. Try doing what I did and skip the optical cable for now and see if you can get at least stereo+working mic going.

Also try and click on the audio icon on the taskbar and it should say the tritton 720+ as the active device. If not click on the drop down menu thing under "device" (or whatever) and select it. 

I tried connecting the white box to my laptop using the USB cable and then just connecting the headset to the white box with the proprietary cable (meaning NOT the USB+green/pink jack cable). This gives me stereo sound and the mic works as it should. I can't connect the optical cable, because my laptop does not have an optical port, so that's why there's no surround sound. Try doing what I did and skip the optical cable for now and see if you can get at least stereo+working mic going.

Also try and click on the audio icon on the taskbar and it should say the tritton 720+ as the active device. If not click on the drop down menu thing under "device" (or whatever) and select it. 

Well, I had that working for quite a while now (I connected the optical cable to PS3 for Surround and the USB to my PC for Skype). Yesterday evening, it seemed like the 7.1 worked, though it didn't say it was surround anywhere. I didn't have much time yesterday evening. I'll see today what I can find

Tech & Cars.

Well, I had that working for quite a while now (I connected the optical cable to PS3 for Surround and the USB to my PC for Skype). Yesterday evening, it seemed like the 7.1 worked, though it didn't say it was surround anywhere. I didn't have much time yesterday evening. I'll see today what I can find

Yeah I realized after the fact that what I said was excatly what you had working before, but I was in a hurry this morning, so didn't have time to edit. So, where we're at now is that you basically can't get the surround sound with the optical cable on pc? When you connect the USB and optical to the pc suddenly there's no sound or anything?