WD red drive 24/7

I am geting a WD 2TB RED drive for archiving Church recordings directly on the drive Via Net to be pickup and uploaded to sound cloud.... I Want to know if the drive cans stay powered by an enclosure and not have any damage to the drive or is there way better way of doing this on a 24/7 always on setup

I am geting a WD 2TB RED drive for archiving Church recordings directly on the drive Via Net to be pickup and uploaded to sound cloud.... I Want to know if the drive cans stay powered by an enclosure and not have any damage to the drive or is there way better way of doing this?

That's what the red is for - staying on 24/7. If you are writing to it constantly, say for video camera feeds, the purple is a better choice.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

That's what the red is for - staying on 24/7. If you are writing to it constantly, say for video camera feeds, the purple is a better choice.

its just a 128 Kb/s stream for about 1 hour and that all

its just a 128 Kb/s stream for about 1 hour and that all

The red will be fine. It's meant to be in a server or NAS environment, so it will run constantly without any issues.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

I am geting a WD 2TB RED drive for archiving Church recordings directly on the drive Via Net to be pickup and uploaded to sound cloud.... I Want to know if the drive cans stay powered by an enclosure and not have any damage to the drive or is there way better way of doing this on a 24/7 always on setup

Hey bmayfield20,

The WD Red is indeed designed for 24/7 usage with either constant or occasional data read/write. As @dadasmithywinkle pointed out, it should work great for what you need it for. The drive does power down when not used, but when needed, it powers back on and transfers the data.

WD Purple is designed for surveillance systems and it does not power down.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/