Build a new gaming pc couple of months back, been having some issues, please help.

Specs: CPU: i-7 4770k @ 3.5GHz, RAM: Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 @1333MHz (9-9-9-24), Motherboard: MSI z97 Gaming 5. GPU: EVGA GTX 780. SSD: Corsair Force GT 120GB  (x2 raid 0) (4x4)

So I built this computer just about 6 months ago, it had some trouble with the memory sticks and I came to the conclusion that there was a problem with the motherboard, so I got another one (same kind) and it finally worked, sort of....

My computer started freezing randomly, sometimes it took a day sometimes just 20mintues after it booted but it always frooze, I could'nt do anything, everything just froze, extremely annoying because I had no idea what was going on since there was no blue screen. Decided to take out 8GB of ram (2sticks) and try that, and it worked.
Yesterday I got tired of seeing the 2 empty RAM slots in my pc so I decided to try and put them back in, worked for a couple of hours then froze exactly like before so I took the same 2 RAM slots out again, and now it doesn't work anymore.
It froze again 2-3 times and then now it started blue screening. So I am thinking about buying a completely new motherboard (probably ASUS) but I'm not 100% sure that would fix the problem, any insight into my problem would be extremely helpful and I will be very grateful. 

Here are the 2 blue screens that just happend.
Bluescreen1 http://i.imgur.com/CocOxyu.jpg

Bluescreen2 http://i.imgur.com/RwSpL3C.jpg

0x03b is commonly a hardware issue, so I would go ahead and switvh out that board. No need to switch manufacturer, unless you want to. Probably just got an accidental DOA board.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

0x03b is commonly a hardware issue, so I would go ahead and switvh out that board. No need to switch manufacturer, unless you want to. Probably just got an accidental DOA board.

Yeah I think I'm going to try with a friends 8gb of ram and see if it works or not, then probably switch the motherboard. Haven't had the best of experience with MSI and their Killer Network aswell so I'm not so keen on throwing my money at them, also their commercials on youtube makes me ultra-cringe....

Yeah I think I'm going to try with a friends 8gb of ram and see if it works or not, then probably switch the motherboard. Haven't had the best of experience with MSI and their Killer Network aswell so I'm not so keen on throwing my money at them, also their commercials on youtube makes me ultra-cringe....

That's fine. I just hate it when people get a DOA board, return it, and Dont even try again, and then continue to spout nonsense about bad build quality. DOAs happen to everyone at some point. Its not like every product is perfect 100% of the time. But yeah. Try the new sticks, and then get a replacement board or a totally new one.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

That's fine. I just hate it when people get a DOA board, return it, and Dont even try again, and then continue to spout nonsense about bad build quality. DOAs happen to everyone at some point. Its not like every product is perfect 100% of the time. But yeah. Try the new sticks, and then get a replacement board or a totally new one.

Yeah I just feel wrong getting the same one when I have such a bad experience with this one, but yeah its probably just maximum unluckiness :wacko:

Yeah I just feel wrong getting the same one when I have such a bad experience with this one, but yeah its probably just maximum unluckiness :wacko:

Well. I wish you luck in getting your PC going.

Spoiler

Well. I wish you luck in getting your PC going.

Thanks, been thinking about maybe getting a Bitfenix Prodigy M, and a mATX motherboard and just make it a compact gaming computer, currently have an H440, do you know if the performance will be the same with a mATX motherboard?

Did you test your RAM on a different working computer? It may be your sticks are faulty.

He's covering that base by using someone else's in his.

Spoiler

Specs: CPU: i-7 4770k @ 3.5GHz, RAM: Corsair XMS3 16GB DDR3 @1333MHz (9-9-9-24), Motherboard: MSI z97 Gaming 5. GPU: EVGA GTX 780. SSD: Corsair Force GT 120GB  (x2 raid 0) (4x4)

So I built this computer just about 6 months ago, it had some trouble with the memory sticks and I came to the conclusion that there was a problem with the motherboard, so I got another one (same kind) and it finally worked, sort of....

My computer started freezing randomly, sometimes it took a day sometimes just 20mintues after it booted but it always frooze, I could'nt do anything, everything just froze, extremely annoying because I had no idea what was going on since there was no blue screen. Decided to take out 8GB of ram (2sticks) and try that, and it worked.

Yesterday I got tired of seeing the 2 empty RAM slots in my pc so I decided to try and put them back in, worked for a couple of hours then froze exactly like before so I took the same 2 RAM slots out again, and now it doesn't work anymore.

It froze again 2-3 times and then now it started blue screening. So I am thinking about buying a completely new motherboard (probably ASUS) but I'm not 100% sure that would fix the problem, any insight into my problem would be extremely helpful and I will be very grateful. 

Here are the 2 blue screens that just happend.

Bluescreen1 http://i.imgur.com/CocOxyu.jpg

Bluescreen2 http://i.imgur.com/RwSpL3C.jpg

When you said you put the RAM back in, is it the same RAM that gave you problems before? Also Are you putting the RAM in correctly? I ran into an issue one where I had put 2 ram sticks into the wrong slots for the correct config and I had all sorts of random blue screens etc, until I read the users manual that is! Once I had put them in the correct position all was well. 

However you said you removed them, things where fine so this leads me to believe that those ram sticks might be in need of an RMA.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

When you said you put the RAM back in, is it the same RAM that gave you problems before? Also Are you putting the RAM in correctly? I ran into an issue one where I had put 2 ram sticks into the wrong slots for the correct config and I had all sorts of random blue screens etc, until I read the users manual that is! Once I had put them in the correct position all was well.

However you said you removed them, things where fine so this leads me to believe that those ram sticks might be in need of an RMA.

Until he gets the others sticks and conducts another test there is no way to tell whether it is the ram or motherboard.

Spoiler

Until he gets the others sticks and conducts another test there is no way to tell whether it is the ram or motherboard.

Ok well, the 2 known good sticks, put them into the other slots that are thought to be faulty and see if it crashes? Granted that's if the manual says they will operate correctly in this config.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd