Monitor Randomly Not Receiving Signal When Gaming

Hello everyone,

I was hopping you could help me.

First of all here are my specs; Z97 PC Mate, R9 290, i54670k (with appropriate aftermarket cooler), 650W PSU, Acer X233H Monitor and 16GB RAM. If you need any other information then ask of course :)

The problem is this; when doing any gaming, about 10-20 minutes into the game, my screen will suddenly go black and display a message saying that 'No signal is being received' and consequently shut down. I know my PC is still running fine because I can hear it responding to me moving the mouse about and using the keyboard. I have no idea why it is doing this. The monitor will only begin to receive signal again if i restart the PC.

Some more information, the monitor only has a VGA input, so I'm using a HMDI to VGA adapter which came a few days ago to connect to my GPU. However I do not think this is the cause of the problem as if it was broken then surely the monitor would be receiving any signal at all times...?

Prior to me receiving the adapter I was using my motherboards VGA output with the GPU taken out and safely back in its box. During this period I had no problems with no signal being received. I might also add that his entire build is only 2 weeks old or so...

All my drivers are fully updates, and I have tried turning the PC on/off as you might expect. But these have made no difference.

I am quite worries as I have no clue as to what could be going on here.

If anyone has had this problem before, or if anyone has any idea what could be happening please help me out :) I will appreciate it :)

Rod

it sounds like a GPU issue, do you have dvi to vga adapter to try. or just a diffrent screen with a HDMI input?

I was hoping someone wouldn't say its a GPU issue... It brand new! Any way I can test it?

And yes I have a DVI to VGA adapter but its not active so the analog to digital signal doesn't go through.... :/

I was hoping someone wouldn't say its a GPU issue... It brand new! Any way I can test it?

And yes I have a DVI to VGA adapter but its not active so the analog to digital signal doesn't go through.... :/

if you have a tv or anything that has an HDMI input i would try it on that

Get a different screen - maybe a TV, someone else's or a spare monitor, whatever -and then set it up with that. See if this works.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

Hmmm, ok I will try that, what happenes if this doesn't work? What would you guys suggest I do then?

Hmmm, ok I will try that, what happenes if this doesn't work? What would you guys suggest I do then?

what are your temps like when under load? i would be very surprised for it to be anything related to temp but just out of curiosity.   

The CPU doesn't really go past 45-55 I'm not sure how to check the gpu temps though?

Yeah temps aren't going past the maximum so that isnt making a difference :/

Yeah temps aren't going past the maximum so that isnt making a difference :/

ya i didn't think it would. the other thought i had is the driver might not be liking the HDMI to VGA adapter, try a slightly older driver or a beta driver

Hmmmm yes that not a bad shout actually, I will do that after I try it on another monitor