Need help picking a motherboard

jaxo49

So I'm stuck between the maximus vii formula and a maximus vii hero can't really decide which one to get.

Are you completely set on one of the two? There's cheaper boards that are just as good with the same red/black theme (eg. MSI Gaming 5) 

Between those two, I would go for the Hero because of the large price difference. Performance is pretty much the same, but the Formula does have some nice looks. 

Are you completely set on one of the two? There's cheaper boards that are just as good with the same red/black theme (eg. MSI Gaming 5)

Between those two, I would go for the Hero because of the large price difference. Performance is pretty much the same, but the Formula does have some nice looks.

Would rather stick with Asus motherboards

So I'm stuck between the maximus vii formula and a maximus vii hero can't really decide which one to get.

Have you checked out the Asus Z97-AR?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Have you checked out the Asus Z97-AR?

Want a red/black theme going I'm kinda leaning towards the formula

Want a red/black theme going I'm kinda leaning towards the formula

The Maximus VII Formula looks really expensive, and unless you have a lot of cash, and you are a master LGA1150 enthusiast, this would not be my personal recommendation.

With a red/black theme and MUCH cheaper, the ASRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer would be great too.

(I often consider ASRock as being the cheaper ASUS sometimes...)

kompooterz.