Something is wrong with my computer, and it's directly affecting my performance. PLease help! :(

meritmaster

I've recently replaced my GTX 660 TI PE, and bought my self a Gigabyte GTX 970 reference card, but I've noticed that the performance jump isn't as big as i expected, or as projected by benchmarks. I then started to watch numerous benchmark videos of different games, and only to find out i'm not squeezing out the same performance of my card. 

• CPU
    I5-3570k
  • Motherboard
    MSI GD-80 z77a
  • RAM
    16GB DDR3 Vengeance 1600 Mhz
  • GPU
    1x Gigabyte GTX 970 (non G1)
  • Case
    Cooler Master Haf 922
  • Storage
    256gb Sandisk SSD | 160gb WD Blue 7k 16mb Cache
  • PSU
    Antec 750 watt (80+ bronze)
  • Display(s)
    Samsung 720p 42' TV|LG Flatron e2250|Nivdia shield
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master LED 200mm fans 2x|Cooler Master 120mm fan| Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
  • Keyboard
    Cooler Master CM Storm ($30) red
  • Mouse
    Razor Naga Blue & Cooler master CM Storm mouse
  • Sound
    Siberan v2 Headset & B&W fronts, infinities in the back, and energy 10' sub woofer
  • Operating System
    Windows 7 & Android

I get around 40-45 fps average, and my very rare highs are 50, and no more, so i don't understand why i'm getting such low fps. I also have bad spike lag. 

I didn't replace my GPU solely for getting better frames, but i also had issues with my PC, and i suppose i still do now, which leaves me to wonder: what part is bad? The problem is usually a desktop problem, but it tends to happen when i leave my PC on for long periods of time. The task bar form time to time will glitch out, and icons won't show, as shown in the pictures. During the time that this bug is active, my PC is prone to lock ups, and blue screens, and some times it would notify me that my Nivdia drivers had failed, but that has yet to happen on this card, nor the blue screen, but lock up in a black screen did, and it forced me to restart my PC.

The third photo with the bad resolution is when uninstalled the Nivdia drivers, and the problems persisted  

post-57910-0-29863000-1416933039_thumb.p

post-57910-0-45777300-1416933057_thumb.p

post-57910-0-59145100-1416933063.png

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

change text color please

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I've recently replaced my GTX 660 TI PE, and bought my self a Gigabyte GTX 970 reference card, but I've noticed that the performance jump isn't as big as i expected, or

do you only play through sheild or do you ahave a non tv monitor to play through

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

do you only play through sheild or do you ahave a non tv monitor to play through

LG monitor, as stated.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

change text color please

Better text color?

~Abraham Lincoln

Better text color?

please set it to auto. 

may be you could re install windows if your having all these problems  

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

may be you could re install windows if your having all these problems  

I've reformatted three times, and the problem returns

~Abraham Lincoln