Android 5.0 Lollipop factory images for most Nexus devices now available

Aniallation

http://www.androidcentral.com/android-50-hits-nexus-devices-heres-how-update

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

Android 5.0 Lollipop factory images have finally arrived. At the time of this writing it is a available for both generations of the WiFi-only Nexus 7s, the Nexus 10, the Nexus 4, and the Nexus 5. Support for 3G/LTE Nexus 7 is presumably coming soon but we do not have an official OTA.

If you haven't got the OTA, want to update NOW and don't mind wiping your phone, the factory images are here!

Here is a great guide from Android Central, on how to flash your device with the newest version of Android.

Caution: This guide is intended for technically proficient users only. Proceed at your own risk. Dragons ahead, etc.

Where to find Nexus factory images

Factory images allow you to restore your Nexus to the latest version of Android, regardless of whatever software — or custom ROM — you're running. These can be downloaded from Google here. You'll need a Nexus with an unlocked bootloader in order to flash a factory image. Before beginning, remember to double-check you're using the right factory image for your device!

Note that flashing your Nexus to Lollipop using the instructions below will wipe EVERYTHING on your device — apps, photos, music and all.

How to flash your Nexus to Lollipop using a factory image

1. Unpack the factory image package from Google to the Android SDK/platform-tools folder on your computer
  2. On your Nexus, go to Settings > Development options and switch the toggle on. Then enable USB debugging under the "Debugging" menu group.
  3. Power down your phone or tablet.
  4. Start up the bootloader by holding down volume up, volume down and power on your device.
  5. When the menu loads, plug your Nexus into your computer.
  6. On your computer, open up a command prompt or terminal window.
  7. Using the command line, navigate to the Android SDK/platform-tools folder
    • On Windows, type: flash-all.bat
    • ... or on Mac, type: ./flash-all.sh
    • ... or on Linux, type: ./flash-all.sh 
      Your device will be wiped and set up with a clean install of Android 5.0.
  8. Enjoy some delicious Lollipop!

"Rawr XD"

No 2013 Moto X?

We got the Kitkat update first, but now we've been forgotten :(

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

No 2013 Moto X?

We got the Kitkat update first, but now we've been forgotten :(

I am thinking it has to do with the fact that Motorola is now a Lenovo company. If you look on their logo on the bottom of their site: http://www.motorola.com/us/home

I am thinking it has to do with the fact that Motorola is now a Lenovo company. If you look on their logo on the bottom of their site: http://www.motorola.com/us/home

They've been a lenovo company for a while, that doesn't change anything.

It shouldn't change anything, at least.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Excited to see what the cyanogenmod community will do since the final release has been seeded out.

Just waiting on my xposed to be ported over  :(

CPU: i7 4790K, GPU: Sli Gtx 980, MB: Msi Gaming 5 z97, Ram: 8 Gig HyperX Fury, PSU: Corsair RM 750, Cooling: Corsair H100i

If you really don't want to wipe your phone just remove the "-w" from the flash-all.bat or flash-all.sh

I'm just glad that it runs sooooooo much better than 79, 81 and 13. The odd thing out of the 3 preview builds is that the first ran the best with the least issues in my experience.
I know they were dev builds, but when they got worse one after the other I didn't have that much hope

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

If you really don't want to wipe your phone just remove the "-w" from the flash-all.bat or flash-all.sh

But then it doesn't wipe data or cache, which can cause issues when upgrading significant Android versions

"Rawr XD"

But then it doesn't wipe data or cache, which can cause issues when upgrading significant Android versions

Yep, Hence the "If you really don't want to"

Worst case scenario if it doesn't work out properly, you simply re-flash with "-w"

People who are willing to flash over waiting for an OTA update will often be willing to take that risk.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Yep, Hence the "If you really don't want to"

Worst case scenario if it doesn't work out properly, you simply re-flash with "-w"

People who are willing to flash over waiting for an OTA update will often be willing to take that risk.

Don't forget about people who have locked bootloaders, those who unlock those will lose their data either way. 

(I like to lock my bootloader when I'm done flashing)

OT: Got it flashed and running, have to say that it definitely looks nice. Now to find out about the rest ;) (if you got some cools tips, tell them!) 

// TODO: Update signature to include PC buid.

Don't forget about people who have locked bootloaders, those who unlock those will lose their data either way. 

(I like to lock my bootloader when I'm done flashing)

OT: Got it flashed and running, have to say that it definitely looks nice. Now to find out about the rest ;) (if you got some cools tips, tell them!) 

Lol. I totally forgot about the bootloader being locked.

I always root my phones when I get them so I unlock them before I set them up.

Spoiler

I'm so torn on if I should make a nandroid of my CM11 build and try Lollipop on my Nexus 5 or just wait for CM12 to come out... I've made the backups, I'm just very unsure if I can be bothered with restoring my apps and making my homepages again...

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

I'm currently running it on my 5 and while I like it for the most part, some ui decisions make absolutely no sense. I also had to use a toolkit from the XDA forums to just do a full on root and install with TWRP. For some reason the .zip file containing the factory image from Google kept saying it was empty when flashing the system .IMG file from the command line in windows.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I'm so torn on if I should make a nandroid of my CM11 build and try Lollipop on my Nexus 5 or just wait for CM12 to come out... I've made the backups, I'm just very unsure if I can be bothered with restoring my apps and making my homepages again...

#firstworldproblems

Lold reading your comment.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

The adb files you need come in a huge package, so if you got slower Internet speeds, I recommend you get a tool called wug nexus tool kit. Comes with the files you need as well as drivers. It kept giving me a couple hashcheck errors so I just went into the advanced setting and did it manually. So far loving Android 5.0

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)